A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Share | 

Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:15 pm

The doors slam shut.

There is a quiet clicking underneath the giggling behind the iron doors and the echoing noise of the slam. The little beat of a coil spring somewhere in the darkness of the ceiling was joined by another. Then another. Aaaand a few more rose to life.

An arrow made a nice bounce of the floor. It rattles across the floor as another one flies away into the dark. The tinnitus of ticking is swamped quickly by a massive explosion. The whoosh of a cannonball overhead stops with the wrecking of one of the furnaces, smashing it hard.

"Who enters my domain?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Alan and Bella looked at each other for a second, Bella gave Alan the "You better bloody not!" look and Alan gave her the "I'm going to do it anyway!" Look. One of the few times he ignored his sister completely.

"Well obviously not your mother! I don't think she would be impressed with your living conditions!" That was of course Alan yelling that out with a big smile on his face with Bella shook her head while thinking of how immature her twin was.

"Oh come on, we're bored. Hurry up and get out here so we can kill you and move on." This was Bella sounding as bored as she said she was although she had a wicked grin on her face.

They both had fireballs in their hands and when if they got a glimpse of this person they would start throwing balls of fire at them.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link][Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:26 pm

"Children?! My enemies has sent mere children to find me? I am to be fought by tiny sprogs of hellish fury. For your voices suggest nothing else. Nothing else could be so petulant." Cogs lock together and pull on chains around them in the relative darkness, a whoosh of steam as metal creaks under a new weight.

"From the pit, first flung head-first from the ethereal sky, your kind has wrenched itself free. You stand before me. Your pathetic embers dismally fighting off the overwhelming black. Candles on the ocean bed. There is much greater black to come. Let it be said that since Man's First Disobedience, never has such wrath been unleashed, to be sprung forth from our very walls!"

Room Four: Analogue

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

There was a flurry of light from above as a chandelier combusted. Arced spines held pans of burning fuel above them to flood light all over the room. It showed the monstrous machine puffing out smoke before them. A squat, metallic spider made of a rusted, orange-iron metal. Its four legs rose with reasonable speed despite the obviously colossal weight of it. The stone flags below it cracked and belched dust with every step. The legs were attached to a base, sporting a girder welded on the front with spikes attached for ramming an enemy. Pipes ran like veins over the hull and the exhaust were its thin tails that it would keep straight and rigid. On the top of the bucket like cockpit, was a cannon, already in the process of firing. Finally, a wide slit along the front of the hull had a grinning, white face beaming at them maniacally. It was only the face. The face seemed more like a possessed mask, floating at the view-slit. The eyes were hollow, showing no signs of the rest of the cranium behind it.

The spider rocked backwards, springs taking some of the brunt, as the cannon fired at the Twins before readying for a charge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:19 am

You know those times in shows when the hero stops the a blunt object traveling at high speeds towards them with their bare hands? Well yeah this was one of those moments. Like don't get me wrong this didn't just happen with any object that hits them, they need to concentrate to harden their skin enough to withstand anything more then a normal vampire would be damaged by. It was easier on small areas like the palm of ones hand rather then the whole body. Sure the whole body was possible, but it depended on the extent. The lower the increase to the skins normal resistance the longer they could carry it on for.

You might of guessed but it was Alan who moved in front of the deadly projectile, a second before impact slamming it with his own hand. Without budging Alan the cannonball continued to spin in his palm for a couple of seconds before losing all momentum and dropping to the ground, a second later it spiderwebs and shatters.

"Name's Alan, nice to meet you!" That stupid grin was back on his face as he holds out his hand and the shadows condense around it before forming a javelin of shadow, fire springs from it's tip as he spins and sends it on a deadly path towards one of the things eye slits.

On an opposite note Bella moves to lean against a nearby wall. There she pulls out a bit of paper and a pen from seemingly nowhere and starts writing, seemingly completely unfazed by the fact the machine could turn it's attention to her and she wouldn't even be listening out for it.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link][Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:59 pm

There is a rather loud thud as Alan's projectile streaks through, bursting out the other end. It seems to do very little in hampering the spider's legs clamber towards the twins. The barrel of the large gun clicked its way around to look at Bella as it rammed, at a reasonably quick pace, at Alan with all of its brunt. The front welded spikes should help cause a decent mount of damage. The cannon was now readying another shot at Bella.

"I shall smite thee from this room. My mechanical powers know of no predicament to great to solve. I am a deity of clockwork, hellspawn! Know this and heed the warning well! Though I fear youth has numbed your ears."

The cannon is about to fire again as he finishes, adding a deafening full-stop as he ends his little tirade as it finally fires upon the distracted Bella.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:40 am

"You really are not very smart are you? She was just giving you a chance to win half this battle. Bringing her into this is going to be bad for you." He said that exactly after the cannon fired and the spider come upon him. An instant later he turned and flipped himself to the wall, his feat holding for half a second before catapulting towards the things back and towards the turret. If he landed properly he would attempt to grab it and rip it off the thing if not he would go to his typical other plan. Throw fireballs at it.

"Warning my ass, your just a bunch of junk. I would say old junk, but it would be a bit weird to call one a being younger then myself old. Even if the rust is misguiding. Actually here let me help you with that."
Not exactly sure how launching arrows of blue hot fire at the thing was ment to help it with rust, but after all it was Alan who was talking.

Bella didn't even blink as the cannonball come towards, the only movement she made was to drop the paper she had been writing on. It was perfectly timed, just as the cannonball touched the point above a thin line of shadow which seemed to center around Bella the scroll she had dropped hit the ground. It hit exactly on a small dot of shadow which connected to the outer line. Instantly the line flared and the cannonball was flung back towards the creature without loosing a bit of momentum, if anything it gained speed as it sped towards it's former owner.

Without even looking up Bella laughed. Her normal laugh didn't hold much empathy or any sign of human kindness, but this was even icier. It was deathly and devoid of all humour and emotion. "For once." She started, her voice unchanging yet not monotone "My brother is right, that was incredibly stupid."

(Even if the thing is older it doesn't really matter.. Alan is just being a smart ass XD )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:36 pm

The gun slides, bouncing off shock-absorbers to click in the firing position again. The cannonball flies back to the cannon, rattling inside the barrel as it travels through. It shakes the spider as it fails to ride the vibrations well.
"What have you done, you horrible creatures?!" Leavers and gears are pulled then whirred, while the thick legs withstood the battering of blue fire arrows. Scorch marks came up like a rash.

The gun loads. It readies its charge and lights it. The gun limbs back to aiming for Bella again before finally firing.

The second attack wasn't as interesting...One cannonball hits the other already in the barrel. They push each other out of the barrel, only to plop back into the floor unspectacularly.
"Wretched wastes of flesh!" The spider begins to retreat as the cannon loads again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:21 pm

A smile formed on Alan's lips as the spider started to retreat. He stood on a small ledge on the wall made of shadow. His palms towards the creature he fired 12 small arrows at the creature at once before shadows formed in his left hand and turned into giant black bow. He pulled it back and stretched a small sphere of fire into a large red fire arrow. He stood for a second as the arrow turned form red to blue, and then slowly it seemed to fade from view. Only a slight disturbance in the air showing the arrow was even there. Then aiming at the spiders big metallic leg he released and the arrow shot towards the thing with enough heat behind it to boil most metals.

Bella grinned as Alan went through his antics. Too slow was not normally a word associated with her brother but at this time it was going to be. She pulled a scroll from the air as another thin tendril of shadow formed a circle around the battle. The moment that both ends of the circle met she dropped the scroll. It stood upright an inch above the line, a second later pillars of white hot flame shot up from the floor to make a wall of extreme heat.
A wicked smile spread across Bella's face as she spoke "Maybe it would of been smarter to have left me out of this." She purred the words and an instant later an glacial cold spread across the floor. Strangely enough the flame and cold existed in near harmony and left only small gaps of bearable temperature.

As she did this Alan drew his bow back and readied himself to fire again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:20 pm

As the spider clambered in a vague circle to charge right back at the twins, the wall of fire swept the machine into the wall. With a loud clang, the burnt and largely softer metal hull banged then scraped down the stonework painfully. The metal hull was being warped due to the sudden heat applied to it. The flaming arrow made sure that the machine never walked again by slicing through part of a leg. Now it would only hobble. Providing it could get back up.

The cannon swung round to try and shove the body back on the legs. The legs moved and helped and tried as best as they could but the end result was rubbing the machine against the wall more and more and more. Soon, the metallic screeches ceased.
"You foul monsters of the pits..." Came the rather more restrained voice of Analogue. More restrained than usual....The clicking inside the machine was worrying.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Alan dropped from his platform to fall right beside the spider as the flames which encircled them burned out. WIth the heat of them gone the icy chill which had been restrained to the floor began to intensify, with this it spread up the walls and into the air. Almost out of the blue a thin layer of ice started spreading over the floor and up the walls at an alarming rate.

Although the ice spread itself over Alan like he was part of the wall this didn't bother him. Nether did that each movement sent a cracking sound around the room and a thin sheet of ice crashing to the ground.

When the twins were on ether side of the spider Bella let out a low and completely humorless laugh "Playtimes over, time to come out now."

((Sorry for that being so short and taking so long. 1 day less then a month! O.O, but I was having a bit of trouble thinking what to do.))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:13 pm

A loud shot is fired. A bulge in the metal has the force to smack through the ice layer. Another shot warps the metal more. A third shot smashes through the hull of the machine, forcing a hole that funnels like a sharp flower.

The face came first. A white mask. It's look of seething anger was animated with a natural fluidity as though the ivory-coloured mask was made of liquid. There was nothing else to his head, only this empty harlequin face. His clean pressed suit came next while Analogue climbed out of the hole carrying what seemed to be revolvers the side of someone's head. His black suit with a matching tie and white shirt. He seemed to be going for a Reservoir Dogs theme to his clothing.

As he stood to his feet, the two mammoth pistols were fire at the twins. One at Alan and one at Bella. Each twin had a deafening blast and a small cannonball launched at them. Analogue dashed forwards, taking aim at Alan again as he slides backwards on the ice.

"Foul vermin in the eyes of Gods."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:40 am

(Once again sorry Sad )

Nether of the twins flinched as the shots sounded and the spider was ripped apart from the inside like the host of some psychotic killer flower.
Both of them smile as they look over his suit and the features of his 'face'. Bella's icy laugh was outdone by the sound of the small cannons which had been turned into rip off guns.
Bella blinked as the projectile sped towards her and it veered off course enough to just miss her, Alan's approach was a little more hectic in that he attempted to limbo under the 'bullet', this resulting in a high speed and Matrix fail. The height of the heavy projectile ment he had to bend much lower then his knees, an unstable position at the best of times. As the bullet passed over him he lost his precarious balance and fell to the ground. The ice was fast to cover his body.

As this happened Bella muttered a word of the demonic language with made the air grow suddenly warm for less then a second and would leave ears feeling like they had been stuck under a flame for a few seconds. As she spoke an unseen force would hit Analogue in three places, the inside of each arm with enough force to throw off his aim, and straight in his chest with enough force to throw a rather large human backwards a meter or two.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

(What for? Activity is activity. I can't ask for more than that.)

Analogue sniggered loudly as Alan slips. It's short-lived superiority as Bella's demonic magic smashes his arms outwards. The hand cannons fly out of his hands, opening him up for the third strike on his chest. Analogue is knocked several metres back into the wreckage of his contraption.

Now, the force might knock a large human back quite a bit but Analogue is not built with quite the durability. As a General of machinery, he can't afford to take too many hits, especially to his CPU in his chest. The demonic magic smashes into his chest, buckling the metal a little but causing a jolt to the internals inside. As he flies back, he gains a little speed before crashing into the metal spider. That impact rattles everything inside like an earthquake. The old wires and connections get a test they weren't prepared for. Some come free from the system's control, seizing up both of Analogues legs.

"YOU CRETINOUS, FOUL HARPY!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:19 am

Alan gets to his feat and stares at his twin "How do you always do that?" He never waits for an answer as he looks towards the thing screaming at him and his sister. Bella laughs harshly but other then that does not answer, as she does so the floor starts to defrost. After a few seconds the only place still left with ice on it is the spider and the area surrounding it.

Alan visibly sighs before slowly walking towards Analogue "Ah and here I was hoping things would be getting harder, such a shame." With that he moves forward in a blur of speed before launching his foot at Analogue's face or chest or any other body part which would get in his road, intent to use his supernatural strength to crush Analogue into little more then circuitry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyro
Critic
Critic

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Analogue's chest caves in and the movement of the machine dies. It's hands flop at it's sides and anything that survived Alan's attack drooped. The circuits fizz their last few beats before lights and clockwork come to a stop.

Digital: Eliminated
4 to Bella and Alan. 3 to go.

"Oh now look...That was uncalled for! Your lucky my clean-up team are on their way, or you might never see Analogue's again." Kyrios' voice said, blarring through the speakers. "That old man has seen many a full body repair. He should be on his feet soon enough."
A large section of the stone floor rose up to reveal a lift. It clicked into place where the stone would have gone if it was not now suspended above the lift's frame by pistons. There were no buttons on the lift though.
"Well, or your next challenge, you are to report to the basement. I'm sure decending into the earth would be like returning home for you two. This lift will obviously take you were you'll meet Analogue's dear brother. I'm sure he'll express his grief in the only way he knows how..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament   

Back to top Go down

Alan and Bella - The Villain Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3