The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The Way Things Are

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

The Way Things Are  Empty
PostSubject: The Way Things Are    The Way Things Are  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Okay, so here is how anything that causes trouble will be sorted out. I will set one idea as a rule for the whole thing. Now something I know always causes a lot of trouble is gods and a big battle of "Who's the most powerful" or "Who's the oldest" ect.

Anyway here is how it goes from here, as we go on gods will fill in the gaps. For now I'm starting with a Evil to Good scale.

Evil-----------------------------------------------Balance-----------------------------------------------Good
Satan-----------------------------------------------Gia--------------------------------------------------God

This is how power goes for those three.
Gia = The most powerful, can only act when balance is disturbed.
Satan = Tied with God, draws part of his power off Gia to do evil. Always trying to bypass Gia in making the balance tilt more to evil then good.
God = Tied with Satan, also draws power from Gia, is always trying to tilt the balance away from evil.

Gia is the only god more powerful then Satan and God, it is just easier like that.

Gia makes God more powerful when Satan gets the upper hand, and the other way around as well.
So if the balance tilts more to evil, Gia gives God more power to do more good to even the scales.
If it tilts to good, then Satan gets more power to balance the scales with evil.

The first god was Gia, who is balance and the mother of the other gods.
Then God/Satan came but Gia acted before one of them was 'born' to create the other. They are the same age and basically twins. One could say Gia is their 'parent'

Every god that is put on this line has to be balanced by another god on the other side of the line.
Gia is the supreme god but only effects the gods themselves, so just because God had Jesus does not mean that Gia made the Devil have a child, Gia would have given Satan more power though to balance the scales.
Gia is very old, as such it can take a while for it to react. So just because God had a son doesn't mean that instant Satan was handed power.

Okay, you can probably ignore most of that. The important part is any god you add has to fit theses rules:
Fits on the scale: Cannot be more evil then Satan or more 'good' then God.
Fits with age: Gia is the oldest god. God and Satan are tied second. So age of other gods start at fourth oldest.
Power: All power comes from Gia, so no power is locked. Say if evil really has a huge upper hand then some of the weaker good gods may very well be given more power then Satan has by Gia.

Last edited by Thepsycoman on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

The Way Things Are  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Way Things Are    The Way Things Are  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm

The age of The Glass Less Traveled.

The taverns age by normal world years is now exactly (Within the year) 3000 years.
This translates to 180,000 years of in tavern time.

Things that can happen in the tavern and stay the same back in your world.
- You can die (Be careful Razz)
- You can sleep. Eg: Madric goes in to the tavern, in his world it is 7:00 Am on a school day and he stayed up all night doing an assignment. He goes to the tavern, rents a room, sleeps for 11 hours and then gets ready. So lets say he spends twelve hours in the tavern sleeping and then eating and getting ready for school. Back in his world it is 7:12 Am the same day, and he is fully rested and ready for school. (If only this place was real!)
- The effects of eating, drinking, getting dressed. All that, they go into the real world.
- Bruises, missing teeth.
- Aging. (Just at a super slow pace.) In one year bar time, the subject would age 6.8 days. (Only if your character actually does age.
- Things about people. (The one exception to the learning rule.)

Things that do not transfer back to the characters world.
- Things that don't belong. If your character from a medieval world just brought an AK47, the void will hold onto it when you go back to your world.
- Learning. Sure, do your homework here if you really want, but you wont remember any of it. Same with magic, you might of figured out the secret to life, but as soon as you leave it is a fussy memory in which all you can remember is that you did have it. Just learnt from Chef the recipe for Ambrosia? Write it down because you wont remember a thing about it, and just hope the void doesn't take it. The only exception is with people. If you learn that Alan is a flirt, you will remember that, and as much of the conversation as you normally remember.

I think that is it. (Subject to change.)

If you need any clarification on any confusing thing I have put here just ask and I will be happy to try and get my brain and talk like a normal person. Smile
Back to top Go down

The Way Things Are
Page 1 of 1