The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Three Fabulous Toys

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Three Fabulous Toys Empty
PostSubject: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 am

The best laid plans of mice and men, often derail in the most spectacular fashion.

Once upon a time, in a place your unlikely to have heard of, money appeared to be pouring out of everything. Those who gained the increasing wealth used it to float away from the masses below in their simplicity and dirt. They built to the clouds and made their own heavens on their top floors. Their civilization had reached its golden era, those lucky few peered down every so often. Sometimes to spit, or maybe to throw away left-overs.

But then these heavenly people realised that their forms let them down. Noses too long, face too wide or something sagging too much. Sound familiar? Vanity is, sadly, universal. Now, this became a market that a particular company could exploit the elite of the sky. The profit gained would raise the companies shareholders above everyone else.They could build several towers into the sky. A monumental dream of these people, despite the trouble of filling just one skyscraper. The company had to go big, setting their brightest minds to create ways of going past mere 'cosmetic surgery'.

Eventually, three monoliths of science, technology and achievement were designed and put into production.

The First was dubbed 'The Right To Beauty'. Sometimes referred to as 'the surgeon-o-matic'. This was cosmetic surgery far further developed than that of simple cutting. This machine was able to sculpt flesh, cartilage and bone. Molten marrow could be made into a statue of The Virgin Mary at prayer if you wanted. It could create limbs, weld skin and put most creation deities to shame. For a fee of course.

The Second was dubbed 'The Right To Clean Thought'. It seems that the first machine was changed into that of a neurosurgeon because everything else is easy in comparison to a brain, it appears. Phobias, habits, nightmares and terrible memories can be purged from the client. New languages, knowledge, social graces, confidence and even new skills could be downloaded. It was thought to be very popular.

The Third was dubbed 'The Right To A Good Life'. The device was thought of to be the most dangerous and so had the highest of prices. It was planned to be put in the highest security that could be afforded for the device was a surgeon of history. A bizarre machine that wasn't fully understood: they knew it would work, they didn't know how. This was marketed as a way of swapping lives with another. The two would be transplanted into each others' lives, sometimes causing changes in the events simply for being a different person. This was the most feared machine. People were to be hired to investigate the client's entire life and hypothesise how the second person would live that life and its consequences. Finally, a machine for the jealous to take what they desire.

The next part of the story is simple: Revolution. Their equivalent of Marxism spread through the billions on the surface. They took the towers in the sky with their forceful numbers, declaring them their new home, kicking the elite from their perches to become a smear on the ground rather than a dot in the sky.

The company moved their almost complete machines to a new location. They new that the greed and vanity they wanted to take advantage of will grow again in the new order of things. So they finished their machines. These three machines, from scrap and springs and sharp things. They're creatures of vanity's salvation were built, half glittering shine and half rust and blotchy scarlet. .

Velice is the technological centre of centres, if that makes sence. Its constantly kept in a pretective shield that filters air, making things clean and safe. Machine slaves build more, all made with some level of sense. It would be stupid to waste full blown AI on everything, even though its always readily availiable. An uprising is not needed at all. Everything is reasonably peacful. Most jobs are rarely anything too manual, usually something simple behind a desk. The 'flying car' is common place and so, to a lesser extent at least, are robots.

However, Velice has been invaded. A purple flag flutters in the breeze in Nevolio Technologies: a resonable machinery company that has been turned into the invaders' HQ. The Council of Velice has either died or sits at the summit of the HQ building after being tested on.

A band of shop keepers have bravely sent a message of help after a mass excecution, in public, after Halfis Hardwares refused to make weapons for the inavders.

Obviously, you've answered and are willing to help.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Equipment:
Other:

Last edited by Tyro on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:26 pm

I want to play Tyro, but I need a skelly.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Knew I forgot something.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I will try and make something up.

No promises, I'm being kept busy with all these updates....
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:11 am

That is ok. ^-^

Name: Lilly Lightwood
Appearance: She stands about 5'10" with dark brown hair with natural red highlights. Her eyes color change between grey, blue and green. She also wears black glass to see. She usually in jeans and band t-shirts under a grey milltary coat.
Personality: She is shy, and sweet girl. Once you know her; she is very loud and has opinins that are different then most peoples. She smart in the world of the books, but the real world she is a little lost.
Bio: Rised by a single mother, she had to learn to take care of herself at a early age. When anything bad happen around her she goes into the books to get away. In school she found that she have a love for sciends and it help her thru the death of her mother at the age of 19. She move out of her home town to get away from everything that remind her of her mother. Now she is working at lab in another town, and she got the messege. So she is going to help anyway she can.
Equipment: A bag full of things she will need, like bottles of poison, and anti-anote to most things. She have two guns are hidden under her coat, but she hopes that she don't have to use it.
Other: You can find her reading a book anytime of day.

Last edited by Rosegurl1 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Yep. OK. Its nice but can I see more from the History?
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:00 pm

K, I will add more for you. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:06 am

Thank you. Obviously, our characters will go through one of these ridiculous machines and if you end up swapping character histories then you'll both need enough information to decide how their character might fit in. And vise versa.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Name: James Altor

Appearance: He is about 6'8" tall and towers over almost everyone. He is thinly built to the point in which he was given the nickname of the stick figure or Stickman. He has light brown hair which is dead straight but cut short so it is at most an inch long. His eyes are extremely dark brown to the point in which it is very hard to find where his pupils end and his Iris starts. His skin is is a light golden tan colour and he although not obviously muscled he is.

Personality: Generally cheerful, although he does have bipolar tendencies. It is normal for him to be lighthearted and a bit of the flirt, but sometimes he will become serious and a bit prude. He is incredibly smart and logical, he likes to be a bit of a rebel.

Bio: He has always been the odd one out, his two brothers were much shorter then him but still tall and all built for sports. He on the other hand is way too tall, not very coordinated, and way too thin. As well as that he has always been much smarter then his siblings. He went through school fast, his brothers stopped people from harassing him, and he helped them with homework and assignments. He was always the class dux and above all he loved computers. In his first year of High school (Middle school up there.) he was already better in his computing classes then his teacher. When he was in school, after getting all his work done he would, just for fun, hack into anything he felt like, even government files. He had never been caught.

Equipment: An personally customized Iphone. Earphones, a small box with a few seemingly random wires.

Other: If possible I would like him to be Milo's assistant.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:57 am

Do you guys still want to carry on with this?
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:10 pm

I would, if there is a little more people then two.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Advertising in my Signature hasn't worked as well as I'd hoped. :S I might have to start systematically asking...
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:01 pm

k, I hope it works
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:54 pm

You know what, I think this could still work with three people. Its just that not all the machines will be used this time round. I'll still want to use the time altering one. If you'd like to put forward more than one character, I'd consider it handy. I'll have more to mess up. Muhaha!

Thepsy and Rosegirl! If your still willing to participate, please let me know and submit any more characters you'd like to play with before I post the IC thread sometime tomorrow morning. England Time, that is.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:26 pm

I still want to do this. Don't think any of my character other then one I posted fits.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Name: Tyro

Race: Kitsune

Appearance: A tall, sturdy build and a couple of white tipped tails. His skin is covered with his scarlet fur with a white muzzle. His non-threatening eyes are nearly obscured by a long fringe from his shaggy mop he calls his hair. Two black ears pop out the top. Most importantly, he looks about twenty at the most...His clothing hasn't changed either. He's still in a black shirt, white T-shirt and a pair of now rather grubby jeans. He stands on large black paws.

Personality: Laid back with a strong moral compass. Is arguably one of the few people that enjoy being what he is. Likes to stand back from the world to look at the bigger, mad picture. His peaceful and helpful. If he appears arrogant when it comes to his abilities, its due to his experience. He's quite lazy given the chance though...Sometimes seen as slightly dopey - even clumsy -, sometimes seen as a weirdo but always seen as largely out of place. He's talkative in the right mood or with the right subject but seems to prefer to keep himself to himself.

Has the experience from his travels to know, or at least look as though he knows what he's talking about. On the other hand, he does know he doesn't know everything. He's occasionally reminded. Interestingly, he does hold certain prejudices. Vampires make him uneasy. Some people may get teased by him too. Usually people he thinks are...'falsely byronic'. Blame a usually optimistic outlook.

I guess its worth mentioning he's quite bad with dating. Just a warning, he is mostly clueless and largely operating on the idea that he should just be polite.

Equipment:
The Pendant of Mestari Tuli - A pendant containing a powerful soul of fire inside that hangs from Tyro's neck. Mestari Tuli was, arguably, the most powerful wielder of fire ever recorded so far. The Mestari were always looking for the most powerful for their elite ranks. Tuli earned the nickname "The Walking Sun". Intence heat continues to eminate from the stone in its centre to this day. Tyro's protective over it and quite rightly...Sparingly used as a sort of fire bomb.

The Kitsune Tail - Mestari Tuli's former weapon; A blunt decorative axe that is designed to be heated to a red hot glow. The abilities of Tyro, helped by the Pendant, allow him to make the weapon reach these temperatures, letting the searing surface make up for the lack of a cutting edge.

The Heartless Sitar - A weird instrument that resembles the deformed offspring of a guitar and a sitar. It has a long neck but a wide body, like an acoustic guitar. Its painted red with trimmings of black. It was nicked from a powerful Heartless if you must know. Believe it or not, that's his transport. It can summon whirlwinds that carry him away. It can do more but he has forgotten the songs.

Bio: He's basically an old woman's gift given in exchange for her abilities. I suppose you've never heard of repaying for what life bestows on you. She saved him from destruction, to gain his new life. That of a Kitsune. So now, he wonders. He travels from once place to another like a sort of caretaker, fighting for good. Its as simple as that. And he's had about a hundred years of such a life. He's had a wife, raised eight, now-grown children and fought plenty of villains and even lead a series of events that lead to a pendant that contains the power of a sun being kept on his person all the time. Strangely though, he quite likes his life.

A little more detail? Errmm...all right...I'll keep this short.

- Raised in Traverse Town. He is given a Keyblade by the aforementioned old woman but it attempts to destroy him because his heart isn't strong enough to wield it. He's saved, resulting in him becoming a Kitsune and gaining a brother and sister that are created from pieces of Tyro's heart that the Keyblade attempted to destroy. These three fight off nobodies that have been exiled from the Organisation, securing relative safety for some worlds in the absence of Sora.

- At some point afterwards he makes new friends after parting ways with his siblings. He meets Sonja, Griffin, Jordan, Harley, Yuffie (a different Yuffie to who your thinking of) and others. They travel to more places, aimlessly wondering and trying to help where they end up. Wondering vigilantes, if you will.

- After years of this, perennial adversaries started appearing. The entrance of Kyrios is the one most significant to Tyro: the seem to see each other a rivals. The group will fight him and his swelling ranks for years. They've battled his growing armies that thrived with each new conquest and escaped his attempts to capture them all. They all bare some kind of scar from their endeavours right up to this day.

- Tyro's was gained from when the Mestari returned. The Mestari were the elite of magical abilities was added to there ranks. After the murder of Mestari Tuli by Mestari Meili, a powerful psychic, his practically flattened Tyro's resistances to such things. He's barely recovered since.

- He eventually go together with and married Yuffie. They had eight children, sharing adventures with them all until they grew up and left on their own paths.

- Yuffie is murdered by Kyrios' General after 80 years. He returns the favour to the General.

- He's been wondering since, usually towards places occupied by Kyrios and his forces but is apparently randomly travelling to nowhere in particular for one simple reason: he likes to.

Please appreciate that over a hundred years is a long time and only the most monumental details have been included.

Other: Kitsune abilities are complicated and based entirely on the premise that the Kitsune can manipulate energy. All abilities will be explained as they are used, rest assured.

Name: Lord Kyrios

Appearance: His black head is topped with matching triangular ears and a tuft of 'hair'. His long white muzzle spikes out at the sides, displaying the huge, white smile he deploys regularly to his enemies. It is his motif and seems able to lacerate paper at fifty yards. Kyrios wears a suit of gleaming armour and stands on large black paws. Five ebony, white-tipped tails wave around absent-mindely behind him.

Personality: I thought I had it sussed at 'barstard' but I guess I'll have to elaborate. Kyrios, to his enemies, is vindictive, mindlessly cruel and generally unpleasent. He seems to enjoy picking one one or two in a group and...playing with them.

To his allies, he's much the same but backs off a bit.

To his Lover, caring and devoted.

Background: Kyrios keeps himself to himself mostly but the details you need to know are that him and Tyro have been fighting over worlds for a long while. Sadly, Kyrios is still winning but he does have the ability to swamp a place with soldiers if he so chooses. Tyro has a glowing necklace and a blunt axe thing. His been antagonising Tyro's close friends too: so far as to programmed one of them with a voice command that renders her blind. The cause of the corruption of his body and probably his mind is something his enemies know only.

His love for his wife is a little disturbing seeming as he had Kyrias created and named her himself....

Equipment: His perfectly fitting suit of armour. Nothing else.

Other: Kitsune have weird abilities. You can go and google them if you wish but they will get explained when they are used but Kyrios' corruption throws most of it out the window, limiting his abilities only to very powerful possession and energy draining. His flames have turned purple, causing only a little in the way of damage.

He carries no weapons as his armour tend to make up for that.

Last edited by Tyro on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Anything would fit, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:52 pm

I will try and write down a toned done Alan in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Hmmm...alrighty.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Oh and by the way, the creature James just made lacks two vital things.
Experience and the need of self preservation.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Lovely.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Just incase it ended in a fight I wanted you to know it would be kinda easy to kill.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 am

Thanks. And of course it would! lol.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Name: Denity

Appearance: When appearing in a solid form Denity looks a lot like a terminator type figure. Other then that Denity does not exist in the phsyical world so to speak.

Personality: Denity's personality is basically always the opposite of James.

Bio: Was brought into form by James. Existence before given this semi-form is debatable.

Equipment: Whatever computers are around it basically.

Other: Denity has magic, which is why it was made. Denity is ultimately under James control. The magic in which Denity controls is that of controlling technology, normally one computer chip in a whole machine can be used to give Denity near complete control. Although Denity can also form things at a greater energy expense. Eg: Remotely controlling wires and steel plates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Fabulous Toys   Three Fabulous Toys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Fabulous Toys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next