The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~ Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~   Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~ Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:05 am

I've noticed something as of late that I feel needs commentary.

We have the different "levels" of roleplay for a reason--it helps keep things organized and allows users to find partners of their own skill level, or just choose how much effort they want to put into a roleplay. As is mentioned in the rules and usually as answered, each skill level has a minimum posting limit:

Beginners is one paragraph of five sentences.
Intermediate is three paragraphs of five.
Advanced is six paragraphs of five.

Now, we're not necessarily strict (one occasion there's two paragraphs in Intermediate and not always five sentences; we all have our lazy days), but it's beginning to get a little ridiculous. It's not uncommon to find one-liners in an Intermediate roleplay nowadays.

Guys, that's what the Beginner's section is for. If you want to write short replies, that's where you need to look for roleplays.

This is frustrating for two main reasons:

1.) Organization; roleplays are essentially in the wrong spots when the whole thing degenerates into five-word posts.

2.) Roleplayers may not get what they expect.

Especially for roleplayers who have never worked with you before. They come in expecting a literate roleplayer who posts lengthy replies with detail, action, and plot advancement--and then you give them single-line replies every time. It also looks like you're putting in no effort; I'm almost offended when I spend ten or fifteen minutes writing several paragraphs of text, only to have a partner reply with only a sentence or two. There may be people who don't mind that, and there certainly are, but not everyone is, and if they go in expecting one thing and you give them another when the expectations are very clear, there's disappointment. I know for a fact I'm not the only one who feels this way.

And once again, if you find someone who likes short work, great--put it in the Beginner's section.

Please try to keep up with these limits. Like I said, we're not super strict about it--it's not like I've never written only two paragraphs for an Intermediate roleplay when the action is slow and I'm falling asleep on my laptop. It's when it happens frequently and with greater severity, as it currently is, that it becomes a problem. Just one of those things that we should be able to handle.

Edit:

Hey, its ThePsy, people this post is backed by me. Even if it wasn't I would expect people to listen to it.
So please remember this and do your best.
Thank you.
~ThePsy~

Last edited by Thepsycoman on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making this great message a GA ~ThePsy~)
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~   Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~ Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

As admin and founder, I also approve of this. The sections were set up to help all role-players figure out their level and help themselves improve. Warnings will start to be given if the rules are not followed. I would hate to have to take action on such a small issue.

Thank you,

Frozen Memory
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~   Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~ Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:15 pm

This is an excellent reminder Syldoran. Thanks for putting this out there and reminding everyone about something that is unique to our site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~   Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Levels ~A message we should all take a moment to read~
Page 1 of 1