The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The mid-wall lounge

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

The mid-wall lounge Empty
PostSubject: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 pm

As you walk into the wall you come across an x-ray machine and something that looks like an airport metal detector. Supervising the machines are two huge human bouncers. The metal detectors are actually a recently made and hugely expensive weapon detector and it will find anything, even a sharpened blade on the miniature sword around your neck, or a compressed plastic knife.

On the IC side as they walk in they come to stand in front of a huge steel dragon with the only way through, beneath it. The walls are lined with magical storage spaces and there is a sign nearby reading "No weapons inside the lounge."
The dragon being a steel dragon is able to smell any type of weapon anyone might be carrying, and he will rip them to shreds if they try and sneak a weapon past. So it turns out a lot safer just to give up the weapons.

Once they actually get into the lounge there is a restaurant, a cafe, a bar, and a dance area.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Oooookay....I haven't had anything illicit so the fact that I've fallen through my bedroom wall is a little unusual. I mean, solid bricks and mortar turned to jelly, letting me flop through like I had fallen in a pool of some kind. I open my eyes to see wooden floorboards. Right, dark wood, real too. Well, unless this is the most vivid dream I will ever have...Rightfully so, I start to get onto my feet. I roll to the side and put my feet under me. I'm beginning to worry about the fact that I'm in socks for this. Maybe not every E-mail you get is a load of crap. I should be looking out for more E-mails with magic runes in them, ready to be printed off.

In the black corridor is an airline security metal detector. Of course, what the heck else? Why not a little gnome with a stick? Ah well. I make a bee line through it, paying careful attention to the machine. Aaaaaaand, nothing. Nope, through it one go, no need for- Bah! Wow...Sorry, I just spotted a metal dragon. Man, that thing is detailed. You can see all its scales have been individually placed to look as realistic as possible. Blimey, that must be expensive. I swear, as I walked underneath it, I saw a nostril twitch. This place is looking to be awesome.

I walk down under the dragon into a massive place. Seriously large! Not much happening though, it seems actually. Maybe I'm early. Or late, however time works here. Who knows? I could be running on Narnia time here where I've spent no time at all. That would be handy. So, I look over the currently empty tables, red table cloths with flowers and seasoning. I then also look to the bar. Its a fine, smooth red wood that seems to have not a blemish on it. Nothing, as I skirted around tables towards it, had dented or scratched its surface yet. Maybe...

By train of thought didn't so much derail as implode as I saw a red ball of fluff, attached to something by a black rod, bob past my vision. I stare at this thing, transfixed. Then, it clambered on to a stool, its little, black, beady eyes fixed on me. I fixed on his little gerbil-like face.
"Ben?" I said, apparently. Although, the little yellow coat, boots and hat help are a dead give-away. He put on a puzzled expression.
"Yeah? Your quite early, sir, kupo." He said, taking his hat off then finding a cloth under the bar.
"I am?"
"Yes, sir. Your our first customer, kupo." His little voice sounded just as I'd imagined it. What a surprise...I imagined everything else after all.
"Oh cool!" I said, because you can't just blurt out that the person your talking to he owes you for his very existence. "Any ideas why I'm here? I just fell through a wall..."
"Oh! That means your here for the opening party, kupo. Are you a player, kupo?" Ben asked me. Well, I wasn't sure about that...wasn't sure by what he meant but I usually thought of those that called themselves that were prats...
"Errr...no..."
"They'll be along any time now, kupo." Ben said, starting to clean already clean glasses.
"Who will be along?"
"The Players, kupo." Riiiiight....
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Sitting in bed I feel the world turn to jelly, I know what this, don't I? I created it. I wrote the laws of it. I feel like I'm falling, if it was a dream it would wake me.
No it is real, I'm truly going to meet myself so to speak. If only I didn't know the truth of the situation

I feel the hard wooden floor beneath me. I look up and sure enough I'm in the bar, I have just successfully created myself. What a shame I didn't work things out before I did that.

I walk up to the scanner, only I know what it does, other then the guards of course, in the least I'm the only real person who knows what it is. I place my pocket knife in a tray and walk through, nothing happens as I know it wouldn't. On the other side of the room I can see the back end of the giant metal dragon.

Through the tunnel of its legs I see a silver blur try and get through, I walk forward. The blur moves and tries to get past the dragon, to slow, the dragons fang catches the top of the object and blood sprays everywhere before disappearing. Suddenly the blur is back and through past the dragon. I just as the floor shakes, Alan had forgotten about the tail.

On the other side of the dragon I watch Alan give it an evil eye before giving up his weapons and zipping through the tunnel of his legs, I turn not ready to confront my alter ego and work to the bar.

There is a man there, I look at him for a minute. I count off members in my head. Narrowing down I come to the Doc or Tyro before I remember the Doc is a red head. I smile and try and take him off guard "Tyro?" I ask politely.

Suddenly Alan appears in the seat next to me, his ice blue eyes locked on me. I hold his gaze until he loses interest and turns to the bar.

A female voice calls over my shoulder "Three of your finest sweet red". I turn shocked my eyes locking onto Bella, more beautiful then I could of imagined, she smiles at me "Oh come on. You cant expect me not to know, after all you know all about me." I not dumbly before turning to receive my wine.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:33 am

Hmmm? I turn, rather limply to try and catch who called me by my handle.

Do I use that name too often? I mean, I like it. I gave it to one of my most used characters and I've made it stick. Its short, easy to pronounce, simple to spell and comes off as different to the usual fantasy names or nicknames on the games I play. Anyhoo...
"Hmm?" I look to see who called me and apparently the only people in this place that have a male voice where sitting down. So...he was who?
"Howdy!" I said, giving a small wave.

With the stealth of a shadow, some one in mostly black slid in the chair next to him. As I approached, I recognised his face, very, very quickly. Thepsy had that for a profile pic, din't he? The one I said was hypnotising women, or sucking out souls or just trying to make heads explode. That one...I always thought it was just a picture Thepsy had because it kinda looked like him. Do they have the internet where he's from?

"Three of your finest sweet red"
"Coming right up, kupopo!" A hurried clanking of glass came from the bar as I leaned on one of the tables, the blue-eyed man slinking off with a pretty woman standing over him. A yellow streak across the floor came baring the wine.
"I'm Kieran, you to are?"
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:48 am

I take the glass and sip at it nervously before looking around at Tyro, I will always call him that. It is just Tyro to me, I just can't give him his true name in my mind.
I smile at him as Bella places her hands on my back giving me goosebumps "It's me, ThePsy, or Liam..."

Bella leaned over me and into Tyro's eyes "I'm Bella, and I'm one of the few who understand this place." She smiled, it was a beautiful thing for her to smile, but wrong to. Like a sirens call, it could lead you to destruction.
I feel the wind as Alan turns up next to me again, I hadn't even noticed him leave "Make that four." He says, his voice is perfectly even, running didn't take a thing out of him.

I hear the clink of coins as he pays for the drinks, I sneak a peek and find myself smiling as I gaze upon the gold coins which I so often describe.

What really tugged at my mind was if I could control them. Throwing the subject off my mind I look back at Tyro surely he would have figured out who I and the twins were before I told him.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:21 am

"Nice to meet you!" I said, sinking into my seat. I couldn't help but look around, almost expecting someone else here. Come on, a place like this and no-one but me and....Liam.

On an unrelated note, I had to metaphorically roll my tongue back in my head. She doesn't technically exist, right? What the heck happens if you kiss someone that is a figment of imagination? Providing that they are a figment, making this place a sort of collective imagination, connecting each of us. Or maybe just a point in the universe where other universes can spill into. And maybe I've been writing up the account for another plane of existence where I'm a furry who hasn't changed his clothes in over an century...

A yellow blur whizzed past my vision and I stopped thinking.
"So, I assume you guys-" I point to Alan and Bella, "Are his characters." A nod to Liam. "Its a shame I can't remember RPing with you guys..."
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Alan looks across at me and Bella and raises his eye brows I smile while Bella tells him she will explain later.

I look across to Tyro "Well, I guess we can change that." I smile as I look to Bella "So Isabella.." my hand comes up just in time to stop her slapping me as I strain against her supernatural muscles. Slowly she lowers her hand "I was thinking you were smarter then to tease me." She accompanies her words with a glare.

I laugh to myself before looking back to the bar "Testing not teasing." This makes Alan laugh until he becomes the object of Bella's gaze.

I turn back to Tyro as I try and fight a smile "They are my favorite, they are most of me, split so that my feminine side and my masculine side are in control." I point to Alan and Bella in turn. "The others," I continue "Are smaller parts of myself, Rhiana for instance is my crazy-ness, the lonely part, and also the over protective and jumpy part. She hates to ever be at another persons mercy." I think for a second "James is my nerdy part as well as some other bits. Natalbera is purely my protective part, she has to do with the rage I feel when something of mine or one of my friends is threatened.."

I look around once more thinking of my newest character and the one who has not yet taken form. "Madric... I'm not sure where he fits in...." I look up suddenly "Oh shit, I just started rambling again didn't I?" Alan and Bella simply laugh until they realize it is a big part of them as well.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:13 am

"Aaaaahhh..." I said in a vary knowing tone. "So, you, well, it sounds like you buy into the idea that the characters you make are made from little bits of your own personality." I had leaned forwards upon crossed arms. This could be good.

Its a sound theory isn't it? Its what I'd say to anyone struggling with their first character: Do something you know. You know TV characters and you know yourself. It seems, more often that people chose themselves. I know I did. Oddly enough, I've then done that about four times, so far. Heck, everyone was doing so when I started RPing with my friends.

"Its an interesting way of trying to figure out what someone is like, or thinks their like, through what their imagination crafts. I mean, what about Tyro? He's got an extremely long life that's filled with exciting travel. I guess, I'm living vicariously through him."

Behind me, two men had slipped in. One was pristinely groomed with his handsome features scanning the room....landing on Bella...The other's face was cloaked under his dark hair, draping over his shoulders. His jeans and yellow Pac-Man T-shirt looked scruffy standing next to the cleanly pressed blue coat, shirt and boots. They stood quietly at the bar, glancing every so often at Bella.

"Ahaa! Told you they'd girls here." The clean Dom said to the obviously not fussed Leth.
"Great. The entertainment." Leth muttered back.
"Uh huh. A little jealously? Well, my skills can't be taught."
"That's what the lady boy said too." Dom's tone dropped like a paving stone.
"Once again, its my sad duty to point out where the attention is in this room. You'll be sleeping with that calender no more if you just put the toys away." Leth drew a heavy sigh.
"I'll watch the self-proclaimed 'wizard of charm' help himself to another kick in the crotch."
"You can, watch and learn." Dom turned to the bar tender, asking for a rum and coke before making his swaggered way towards the table with everyone around it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:41 pm

((Okay, I just have to write in third-person for this. If it be weird, I don't know, but if everyone writes in first-person, I'm going to start getting confused. x___x))

Another figure, a teenage girl, pushed past the double doors of the tavern and hesitated, glancing around the place. Several people already seemed to be here already, a couple of whom she recognized. Ironic, she thought blankly, that she would recognize those who were figments of someone else's imagination, but not those that were actual people.

She had to wonder if anyone would recognize her. It wasn't as if she didn't draw herself enough, but that was usually in odd outfits--top hats and everything else she happened to like. Standing now in plain girl's jeans, a baggy black t-shirt depicting popular rock band Papa Roach across the front and concert tour dates across the back, and dirty black converse, she looked ever the part of a normal teenage tomboy. For once.

Jordan, or "Syl" as she was probably more popularly known by, slid into a seat at the end of the bar, a few seats down from a couple of boys who looked to be around her age. She took her hair out of its clip to fix, trying to appear busy while surreptitiously looking around. There were creations of everyone else's around. Where any of hers?

That . . . would be an odd meeting, she thought. Taiju probably wouldn't be thrilled about how she gave him an abusive father, for instance. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm

A little white face popped up as Ben's gerbil like features sprang upwards. The yellow hat shifted a little.
"Looking for a drink, kupo?" He said as he stood on his stool. The little beady eyes looking expectantly at Jordan.
"Actually." Leth raising a hand for attention. "Could I get some nuts?" The Moogle looks under the bar, sweeping from side to side before looking behind him, up at the hung bottles. The slightly grey ears droop a little.
"Excuse me, kupo." He hops off the stool, sprinting across the space towards the store room. It was like a little yellow streak, rubber boots squeaking horrendously.
"Elementary mistake." Leth chuckled, a small smile towards Jordan before looking back to the PDA in his hand. He continued to tap its screen as he had been doing before Dom left to make his move.

Dom moved to the table, a coy grin was flashed towards Bella with a smooth nod of the head.
"Good evening."

"Oh here we go..." Leth muttered under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:38 pm

((Just so we all know this isn't the glass less traveled, it is a bar, a cafe and a club all in one.))

I smiled "Although Madric is pure imagination, I'm not sure about how I come to find him, but even if he wasn't part of me he became part of me when I used him for the first time."

Bella looked around and watched the two men, when one of them started to walk towards the group she whispered a couple of words and two shadow people took up both of the places he could of planned to occupy, she smiled towards him "Sorry, were full up." One thing Bella hated, was when men acted superior over her, if it wasn't for the fact that the lounge had a 'No violence' policy she would of sent them through the nearest wall just for implying she was entertainment.

I actually beat Alan to laying a hand on Bella's shoulder as she turned back to Tyro. I lay my head down on the wood and it is then I see someone who tickles a thought in the back of my brain...
I looked across at Bella and she laughs at me "Jordan".

I stare at her for a second "Syl?" She nods.. My head hits the wood again, how the hell is a man ment to survive when his sub-conscious is Bella.

I look across at her "Sy... Jordan, come over here, and stop acting like Joey." As I say it I try and imagine her in one of the many costumes she draws herself in... I can't helping thinking of the one "Jordan *Lastname* knows how to tie a tie!"

((You just got me Tyro!))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Jordan blinked once and looked back to the little creature that had demanded her attention behind the bar. She didn't have a chance to answer before someone called it off again. A little saddened, having wanted a drink, she resigned herself to waiting again.

It didn't appear to be long before someone else caught her attention. She couldn't help but be amused at what the younger of the two siad--she assumed he was the one everyone usually referred to as Psyco, though more likely by his real name here.

"That's practically telling me not to act like myself," she replied with a slight smirk. "Given Joey's history . . ." She hesitated for a second, then slid off her stool and took up another seat nearer to the others. "But what the hell."

She leaned on the bar and again looked out to the rest of the area, half-willing someone she made to come in. Eventually.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I see Dom swoop. Oh good god. The egotistical son of eight kids belonging to Tyro and Yuffie. The one that thinks he's god's gift to women. Oh boy...

I turn around, looking towards the girl Liam called over to. Wow, those pictures we're quite good likeness. As she sits down, I turn to her, a little grin and an extended hand.
"Hey, Jordan. I'm Kieran."

Dom wondered back to Leth, leaning on the bar as Ben hands over the nuts, taking a silver coin for it in exchange.
"Impressive. Just going to let it sink in, right?" Dom gave a warning glance.
"I'd like you to do better."
"Oh yeah?"
"Unless you got a woman remote control app on that thing," Dom taps Leth's PDA. "I don't think the silent predator approach will work." Leth rolls his eyes, watching Ben hang the cardboard holder pubs keep packets of nuts hanging from. They put pictures of women in not all that much underneath the packets. He wonders for a second what they had to do to get that Viera to agreed to the picture.
"I'm not going to fight you for her or something. It pathetic."
"Ha, you know I'm right."
"I have to take the bloody mess home after the night."
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I smile at Jordan as Bella stands up, I turn and grab onto her hand "What are you doing!" I hiss at her, knowing exactly what is on her mind.

Her eyes burrow into me but I hold my gaze, she scowls "I simply want to teach them something, after all what good is all this knowledge if I don't share it."
I try and pull her back to her seat but she rips her hand out of mine as if I was a baby. I stand, hating the fact that I made her the same height as me "But you do the same thing as they are!"

She shakes her head "But that is me and I have a much different approach."

I sit and mutter to myself a little prayer for the two guys before I look up at Tyro "Please tell me those aren't yours?"

Alan laughs lightly and when I glare at him shrugs. I look at Jordan "Maybe it wasn't a smart thing for me to take weapons away from everyone." Then realizing that didn't explain what I ment I add "Maybe I should of taken magic away as well.... I'm not sure it make any difference..."

Bella walks over to the two men, she notes which one was the one who made the advance and instead moved to the one with the PDA. She sat next to him and away from the other before throwing an arm around his neck and stroking his cheek "Oh you are a handsome one, it was so nice of your... Less fortunate friend here to bring my attention to you." She runs a finger down his arm before placing a hand on his chest. All the while ignoring the other.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Jordan waved a brief hello at Kieran before speaking.

"Hell, anything's a weapon if you get creative enough. You would literally have to throw everyone in a padded room before there were no available weapons, and that would just be before everyone started punching each other in the face." Jordan watched the scene unfold with only the vaguest of interest, then shook her head when Bella started feigning intimacy with one of the men. Watching girls through themselves at guys, whether in genuine interest or faked, was one of the less interesting things to observe.

A movement at the front of the bar caught her attention. A young woman, maybe twenty or twenty-one years old at the most, entered the tavern and stopped. She looked around as if expecting something, then gave a shrug and sat at the farthest end of the bar. She shrugged off her jacket, a knee-length thing with silver buckles on the arms and chest, to reveal a plain dark t-shirt across an athletic body and empty gun holsters at her hips.

"And that's . . . Devon," Jordan remarked slowly. She blinked a few times. She knew a little of what to expect when coming here, but it was still unnerving to see the demon hunter she had created sit casually at the end of the bar for a beer.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:46 pm

"I hate metal detectors" I muttered as I passed the sensors and looked around. There seemed to be a concentration of people by the bar. I keep thinking it is way too crowded for my taste.

I immediately noticed the huge metal dragon. I soon lost interest in it though when I recognized the girl standing on the other side of it, I shake my head as if I expect her to disappear... No, she's really there. She was frowning slightly as I always imagined her doing when in doubt. She had ridden herself of all her blades, but had a tight grip around her bow. I take my time simply looking at it... It's an awesome bow, even more awesome than I ever imagined it. Knowing Ali the way only I do... She's in a serious dilemma right now. Leaving her bow behind could be really painful for her, still... Not being able to go where she wanted would be just as unpleasant.

I can't help but to smile watching that scene... Knowing her, that could really take some time. A cheerful voice speaks right next to me and I recognize it as well, although hearing it outside my own mind feels awfully strange. "Don't worry, she'll come eventually."
And I turn to face Annie, seeing her live and this close is slightly shocking, but I can't help but think I should have known. She smiles. "Off course you should have known. I mean... " she finishes the sentence with a giggle, and starts levitating, floating only a few inches above the ground. A wide smile across her face, she nods towards the people at the bar. "Don't be such a stranger... People here are fun. Specially that one." She nods towards Bella. "She is fun to watch. Like a snake wrapping herself around a little mouse." She shoots a glare at Ali and smirks. "She'll come, even if I have to drag her."

Annie would say the most serious things with that same cheery expression. Reason why she always scared Ali, and myself, a little bit. I was sure she wasn't joking. She looked back to me and nodded towards the bar again. "I mean it. Don't be a stranger."

I sighed, figure of my imagination or not, it was unwise to argue with Annie. So I made my way to the bar, and sat a little further away for the moment. A couple of people seemed familiar actually, but I couldn't really tell who was who. Annie was still floating a bit above the ground, smiling. I look towards Ali on the other side of the dragon, wondering if she would cross without being dragged by Annie.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:57 am

Bella's equally blue jewels fell on me.
"Please tell me they aren't yours?" Errr...I can feel my hands make utterly redundant movements. I speak with my hands, I'm constantly told. I can't really help it. So now their doing their own thing as I come up with something to justify Dom.
"Errr....Yeah." I nod with a shamed grin. I can hear someone giggling. "Their mine but I never expected to meet them in person."

Bella slinked towards Dom and Leth. I've seen big cats strut like that when on the prowl. I watched Dom begin to prowl, it was odd to have something he could say in response then have him say something else. Yeah, he's independent of my imagination now.

He said nothing as Bella made a line towards Dom. The surprise and then attempt to figure out this strange move kept him quiet. The arm on the back, and letting the hand slide its way down to his chest.

"Hell, anything's a weapon if you get creative enough. You would literally have to throw everyone in a padded room before there were no available weapons, and that would just be before everyone started punching each other in the face." Said Jordan. I'd heard her voice before when she sang a Japanese song I've never heard of. I couldn't help but grin a little.
In a hushed tone, I said to her: "Heh, she's about to use a sex bomb, I suppose." No-idea how that one will go down.

Leth obviously noticed the special treatment, mostly puzzled by it as he wasn't exactly paying much attention to everyone else.
"Errr...would you like a drink while you wait? I'm just finishing up a couple of functions." He said, not looking up from the screen. Dom's obviously loud snigger came after.

I was kind of embarassed, really.
"Please don't judge me." I said, as I watched another person sit at the bar.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:50 pm

I look at Syl and nod knowing she is right, I glance at the scene unfolding around us "It seems like we have no control over them here." I state simply as Alan gives me a puzzled look. I wave him aside knowing he will get it soon enough.

I pat Keiran on the arm "Its okay, Bella is making me feel just as bad."

He didn't need to turn to know Bella was being her predatory self, what could I expect, I made her like she was.

Knowing Bella I know how badly this could end for Keiran's characters. The poor one who she was using now would end up thrown to the gutter once she was done with him while the other would be lucky not to be driven insane or have her kill him.

I give Keiran an apologetic look "I'm sorry about this, and don't worry, I wont judge you. I'm hardly in a position too with Bella acting how she is.

Alan suddenly stood and walked off towards the exit, or more importantly Ali. One would see that Alan also moved with predatory grace, it was just something natural for them.

As he closed in on Ali he gave her a dazzling smile "I've tried to get past it a few times. I doubt you could survive what I can so I suggest you just put it in one of the safes." He continued to smile while his tone was suggestive in the he would protect her.

Bella smiled "I'm just happy watching such a handsome man, it fills me more then a drink could." She continues to 'pet' him in a suggestive way as she looks up at his companion "You are such a gentlemen, such a handsome yet shy friend. Most people of your less blessed appearance would be jealous, let alone help their fine looking friend." She looked away to hide her predatory grin before laying her head on Leth's shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:30 pm

"Sheesh. I'm glad most of my characters are unerringly dignified," Jordan remarked. "Not to say the others are bad in any way . . . It would just be odd to see them acting up at all. Taiju doesn't care about women and Joey's too much of a dork to do anything, while Devon would rather shoot a guy in the face . . ." She gave a thoughtful hum and turned back to the bar. She still wanted her soda.

Across the way, Devon looked somewhat tense. Her gray eyes flickered over everyone in the area, lingering for several long seconds on a black-haired teenager who seemed to, by all appearances, momentarily several inches off the ground. She reached toward one of her empty gun holsters, only to find her fingers closing on air. Right. They took those.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:07 pm

I joined in watching the scene. Heck, even Dom was quietly watching, sipping him drink. OK, So we were doing it because the novelty of being in a Gastro Pub where the fruits of our imagination have been given a physical form hasn't worn off yet. And because it seems interesting...

Its just that is can imagine Leth being rather blunt. Is he really that blind to the possibility that he's being used? I turn away to talk to Liam.
"To be honest, my characters just survive. Its just a knack for the ones that can recreate a corporal body for themselves. Although, their not exactly fantastic at romance...Err..." I lean in towards Liam. "What do you think she's doing? Getting back at Dom or does she just go directly for the quiet nerd working on his own?"

"Sheesh. I'm glad most of my characters are unerringly dignified," Jordan remarked. "Not to say the others are bad in any way . . . It would just be odd to see them acting up at all. Taiju doesn't care about women and Joey's too much of a dork to do anything, while Devon would rather shoot a guy in the face . . ." I looked at Jordan. A year as a diligent English Literature Student does weird things to how you see things.
"They seem emotionally repressed." Err...was that a good thing to be saying in here? Ah well, its out there now...

I turned out to be correct about Leth though. Go me!

He made a few large taps on his PDA screen before putting both down. He looked towards Bella, a stern face under that fringe. Its what I might have if I didn't bother with a trim ever, I'm sure.
"Who-ever-you-are." He began, a unshakable, serious tone. "Thank you but I want a straight answer. Are you only here, with me, because you want to piss my Brother off?" He nods to Dom, who nods back. "He's a retard, I know, but he's not worth it. He punishes himself with his lack of humility."
Leth's eyes stare straight into Bella's blue ones, strong and unyielding.
"I would be happy to spend an evening with you if you would like. Your a very attractive woman, It would be a colossal shame if this was just a petty swipe at my Brother. You can go back to that table with-" Leth spots me sitting at the only table people are sitting at at the moment. "My Dad and a few of his friends, if that's the case."

Oh bugger...unless Tyro turns up, this could be awkward...

And, while all that goes on, Ben moves his stool over to Devon by the bar. He hoists himself on top.
"Can I get you anything, Kupo?"
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Listening to the conversations I manage to identify one of the boys by the mention of Bella, who Annie was still watching with interest. So that was Psycoman... And the guy near him at the bar would be Alan then. Alright... The girl speaking to him would be Syl then. I suddenly understand why I found her familiar. The other guy... I'm in doubt.

I hear Annie's voice, suddenly inside my mind again. "I know who they are, want me to tell you?"
I look at her confused, she smiles at me. "I can hear people's thoughts. You created me, you should know that."
I nod with a fake disapproving look in my eyes. "I also created you not to do intrude on people's thoughts unless it's necessary. Didn't I?"
She laughs. "Come on... Can't I have a little fun?"
"Not in my mind, you can't." I look at her serious this time.
She sighs. "Oh, alright. Don't be so sensitive."

All of a sudden she turns her brown eyes at Alan, and I can see them sparkle for a split second. He stands and walks towards Ali. Annie nods serious. "I might not have to drag her after all." Still, she lands her feet on the ground and follows him from a distance.

Ali frowned at the thought of leaving her bow behind. More than that, she was bothered at the certainty of not being able to smuggle it across. She was still wondering if this was worth leaving her most precious possession behind. In the middle of that thought she hears a male voice, and turns her attention to Alan who smiles at her. She notices Annie is also coming towards her, but slowly. She knew her friend very well, and that was her being protective, but discretely. She walks as if she is there by accident. Ali chuckles at both of them. Then answers Alan, nodding. "Oh, I know very well what I can or cannot survive. Although I rarely care to consider it. I was simply wondering if this is worth leaving my bow behind. I feel..." She smirks, not wanting to say 'naked'. "Vulnerable, without it."

Then she looks at Annie and shrugs, finally putting her bow away in one of the safes and walking across, and past Alan. She looks at Annie, with an annoyed expression as she begins to walk beside her towards the bar. "Not like you wouldn't drag me anyway."

Annie giggles "Of course I would." She then puts one arm around Ali, having to levitate a little to match her height, and adds with a smile. "So, you made a friend already?" She looks at Alan. "He's cute."
Ali pushes Annie away still looking annoyed. "Shut up, and don't touch me."
Annie laughs, but stops talking. She looks towards a tense looking woman as they pass, and gives her a friendly smile, while landing on the ground and beginning to walk. Ali doesn't understand that, but doesn't feel at all like asking. Her eyes now watching her feet. She is in a terrible mood right now.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I catch a glance of Devon and so I look across at Jordan, I'm slightly worried "Ah, Jordan, Devon isn't likely to attack Alan or Bella is she? Or more importantly me." I'm not sure why I was worried about myself, maybe because of one of Keiran's characters just calling him father. If we were parents to out characters I was ether the being of Darkness or Satan..... Oh what a tangled web I weave....

I glance back at Keiran before looking over at Bella "Please God lets hope she just takes no as an answer and doesn't decide the situation is in need of a magic touch." But no matter how many times I say that, I know that she will.

As usual I was right.

Bella smiled as he hand moved over his heart. For a split second h er eyes turned into golden plates before fading rapidly back to their normal blue. The spell has a fast one, simple affixation (I think that is the right word.) and a mind controlling element.

The spell would not only make Bella seem more attractive but the target would follow prompts. So if Bella is to say something suggestively the target would answer accordingly.

"Oh, you can't really believe that."
"But you have to agree, that all I have spoken is the truth!"
"You have to admit that I have no reason not to be doing this for you."
"You are so handsome!"

None of her words were spoken any different, but the layers of magic in her voice would make sure he understood when to agree and disagree. The magic would not even make his answers seem robot, if anything it would be even more natural.

Alan continues smiling and turns on his heel as she walks past him, he walks to steps behind them and to their side, when one of them look at him he simply bobs his head in thanks.
His mind was not as strong as Bella's but he would still know if someone was trying to access his thoughts, lately he had been feeling someone doing something. Whoever it was would be wise not to touch Bella's thoughts.

Anytime he felt any touch come near him he would fill his head full of what Bella had done to other mind readers who had tried read her. All the while he followed.

After a moment he becomes bored and walks next to the two "So, ah ladies, how are you both today? Are you two related or just friends?" He smiles sweetly, unlike Bella he could be knocked back much easier.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:19 pm

"Hm?" Jordan turned in her seat to look at Alan, and then Devon. "I . . . I don't know, actually. She hunts demons for a living, after all. That's probably why she looks so tense--she's sensitive to things that aren't exactly human. Magic, demons in hiding, et cetera. Granted, she doesn't just kill everything in sight, so as long as nobody's acting up, it should be fine." Jordan cast a sidelong glance at Bella. "Although she's probably not helping the cause by being immortal and using magic on someone who appears oblivious."

As if in response, Devon looked up and glared over in their direction. She had heard. Jordan shrank down uncomfortably. "Oh shut up, it's not like I didn't make you . . ."

Devon smirked and turned back toward the small furry creature that had asked for her attention. This little thing ran the bar? Well, she'd seen stranger things. "Just a beer," she replied. "Doesn't matter what kind; I'm not picky." While waiting, she looked back at the girl she had been watching earlier. Despite the apparent penchant for floating, she seemed innocent enough. In fact, this whole place was probably safe, regardless of any non-human creatures that happened to be here. After all, she'd had her weapons stripped and so had everybody else. It seemed highly unlikely anything truly dangerous had snuck its way in.

"As for anyone being 'emotionally represesed," Jordan continued with an awkward clearing of her throat, turning toward Kieran, "not really. Well, Taiju is, admittedly, but he does it intentionally. Joey's just socially awkward, and Devon doesn't care much." Having also been through a number of high-end English courses that focused on the over-analyzation of every thing and person, Jordan couldn't help wanting to undercut that habit. Not everything had an extremely deep meaning, after all. Sometimes people were just people.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm watching Annie and Ali walk over and Alan walking next to them. I'm slightly curious as to how Ali will handle this since I obviously can't control her here. If shes actually angry she will ignore him. Still... Annie might make things worse for her, probably on purpose. Who am I to talk then, I'm not exactly the most social person ever. Although I pride myself in saying I'm better than Ali.

Annie smiles to see Alan insist on a conversation. Ali seemed unwilling to talk, so she answered him. "We're doing fine... Oh, well... I'm fine at least. And, no. We're not related. At the moment we're not exactly friends either as it seems. You could say I'm Allison's conscience."
Annie's eyes turned to Bella for a second. "Hum... That's impressive." She mumbles to herself. Annie had been doing this long enough to know where to draw the line. That mind was one she should keep a distance from. Still she found it interesting enough to simply observe. Even though she was against what Bella was doing, she was fascinated by it.

She heard Ali speak finally. "What is so impressive?"
Annie laughed to her. "Well, your boots are certainly not. Maybe if you look around you'll find something. Or should I force you to act social?
Ali finally smiles at the empty threat. "Do you ever see that happening?"
Annie shrugs smiling. Then she walks off to sit, she wants to see what happens next. As she sits she passes a thought on to Ali, hoping it would stick. "Talk to people and be nice."

She wasn't exactly hopeful though.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:27 am

The need to debate was growing but I shut it in a box or something. I'm supposed to be on my down time! I just hope I didn't seem too rude. That seems to be how English Literature works: make a sweeping judgement then justify it. Instead, I move next to Liam, rather than sitting opposite him, and continue commentating in hushed voices. Only football games should have this much analysis, instead of the puppetry of a helpless man's mind.
"What's she doing?"

"Oh, you can't really believe that." From Leth's point of view, pretty much everything else had blurred into nothing. Unimportant noise. He was sitting before a very nice girl. He-he! And she had the hots for him.
"Well, I need to make sure of these things. I don't like being taken advantage of."
"But you have to agree, that all I have spoken is the truth!"
"No!" He said, shaking his head, screwing his face up like a child. His humbled view of himself was taking an unexpected hit of compliments this evening.
"You have to admit that I have no reason not to be doing this for you." Leth did respond to this but, as his resolve and his social skills turned to jam, it was just sounds as his brain appeared to get the feeling something probably isn't right here.
"You are so handsome!"
"Nah...." He's actually blushing. Wha?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mid-wall lounge   The mid-wall lounge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mid-wall lounge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Sconosciuto Multiverse :: Historical Archives :: Other-
Jump to: