The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Multiverse of The Path

Go down 
+4
Tyro
Thepsycoman
Common Nonsense
Drrandom255
8 posters

Should we change the main RP into the paths own Multiverse?
Yes
Multiverse of The Path I_vote_lcap50%Multiverse of The Path I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Maybe
Multiverse of The Path I_vote_lcap33%Multiverse of The Path I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
No
Multiverse of The Path I_vote_lcap17%Multiverse of The Path I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
F-Off NO!!
Multiverse of The Path I_vote_lcap0%Multiverse of The Path I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

Multiverse of The Path Empty
PostSubject: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Basic Poll that Psy asked me to put up off of a question I had for him, now asking you!

Basically, I would like to know everyones oppinion of if we should replace the Site RP ((that I have oberved as dead as hell)) With a site Multiverse! This multiverse would have three tabs in it: one for character Skeles, one for minor RP's and character dueling, and one for Major RPs ((such as a sitewide RP . . . or an advanced 5person RP))

Any experience by the character in ANY RP will stay with them through multiple RPs, However I'm thinking you can only use 1 character in 1 RP at a time.

The setting is more or less earth, 1000yrs after it was destroyed by Nuclear Electric Bombs that transported all warheads into a seprate dimension while destroying civilization as it is known. 350 years after the bombs went off civilization re-found the ancient arts of Magic, Psychic, Martial arts, and Technology. 650 years later all the ancient arts have found a balance in the various parts of the world and pretty much the only change in human relations is the fact that Magic users, Psychic, Gunmen/Martial artists/Melee weapon (sword) fighters with unnatural ability are as common as normal people.

This idea was formulated by looking at a few other RP sites and deciding its a way for The Path to gain fame to recruit new members.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:31 pm

I say no. Usually in things like this, you have to keep up with multiple roleplays you may or may not even be involved in and this site wasn't intended to be like that. I don't want it that to happen. Not to mention the intent of having just one roleplay was to unite everyone--having multiples would rather defeat the purpose.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am

Okay here are some changes I am making to Docs ideas.

EG:

*Name* (I wont call it multiverse..)

New world files: (For character skeletons.)

Life as we don't know it: (This would be a simple thing where people just chat and basically explore their characters.)

Ancient Roman Ruins: (A battledome of sorts, any arranged fight can be held here.)

So instead of it being a bunch of weird roleplays where anyone can join in it is basically a world for us to explore our characters and to have fun with them.

Syl what do you think of this. Because at the moment I agree with you. (Sorry Doc.)
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:10 am

Yea . . . knew it needed a bunch of updates . . . it was just bare bones of an idea to begin with. Great job on updates +D

only now we need to find a name . . .
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 am

That I can agree with a little more. I like that, in fact--gives a place not necessarily to roleplay, but just to screw around for the whole site. I can get behind that.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Glad you like the idea...

My thoughts were *Zzzzzz*.... I mean that it could help in character development by letting people test characters out.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:40 pm

I love Multiverses! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:47 pm

I like the idea of it. I never rp in a muitverses, but if it lets me develop some of my other characters I am willing to work with it.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Hum... This would be like a hang out spot for characters... type...thing?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm

IN FACT I am going to make another suggestion that I learned from that role-playing panel I went to while I was at Kumoricon. (I learned something at a convention. WHOA.)

As part of this, we can have another section devoted to characters and their authors all interacting. Provides interesting chances for characters to yell at their creators and is just another fun thing to do while we're there. C:
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Nice idea. lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:03 pm

I like Psy's idea. And also, Syl, yours sounds funny.

I was thinking of the mutliverse or whatever you want to call it as basically just a place where characters exist. More or less just a place to write in character, and kind of like as Blackbird said, a hang out place or whatever for characters.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Okay well then, if everyone agrees I can start work on it by this time next week.
That will be the first day of my holidays so I should get it done fast.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm gonna have so much fun on this new section once its fully up >+D
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Hang on! So we're having a lounge area RP where creations can meet creators and interact? OK. Sounds awesome. I can imagine Tyro getting along famously with myself....Until he realises that I created Kyrios as well as most of the bastards that have ever given him a hard time.

Its the Multiverse that concerns me? Normal Multiverses work by basically having every single book, movie, game and TV program sitting as its own little world or part of history its. Sort of like the Kingdom Hearts Map Screen, if you've ever played the game. Is that what we're going for?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:12 pm

By the looks of it, it's not really a "multiverse" anymore.

Basically, there's a few sections, if I've gathered it all correctly:

- An "arena" where characters can fight without context.
- A spot for characters to interact, again without context.
- Another spot for characters and authors to intermingle.
- A section full of character skeletons for all the characters who are used in this area.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:16 pm

My original idea for the thing was one huge setting that had the potential to cover everything, but not directly interfacing other worlds.

The closest to that I would say is being summoned by people into the world from somewhere else if you REALLY wanted lets say a Harry Potter character.

the rest of the ideas were kinda in the back of my sleep deprived brain i guess XD
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:23 pm

It is not a normal multiverse.
In this one all creatures will exist but I will create a set of rules. I do not believe in everyone having their own set of rules for common things. Like on RPGW where everything gets confusing and fights start.

So it will be set and it wont be so that people can change the rules of the land without having a good argument.

If you get what I mean...

If this does go ahead it will be on a trial period.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Oh right. Its not a Multiverse but a no restraint, big RP? Still pretty good sounding.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Its more so people can practice and become more confident with their writing and their characters.

Anyway, ill bring it up for a trial period.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:37 pm

I need to do this . . .

[/requestsbetakey]

. . . I went there XD
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:40 pm

It should happen next week.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:47 am

^-^ that is good. -hugs- Thank you for your hard work Thepsy.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 pm

I like the idea! Sounds like fun. ^^ Thanks for everything you have done for the site. I really do appreciate it. I feel like such a horrible admin for not being here for you guys. -Hugs Psy-
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Its okay Frozen, I'm just a teen and don't have things to do so I can devote time to the site. You on the other hand have to focus on living.

Anyway, if I get into boarding school I might have to get you to return the favor.

Also to everyone else this might take a little longer then expected so stay with me. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiverse of The Path   Multiverse of The Path Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multiverse of The Path
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: In the News :: Newsletter-
Jump to: