The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Who likes Moogles?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Who likes Moogles? Empty
PostSubject: Who likes Moogles?   Who likes Moogles? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 pm

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in something like this?

Winter has been unusually harsh to Rabanastre, victimising the city rather than anywhere else. Its long outstayed its welcome and hit the city far too hard for rational explanation. Its left its snow with regular blizzards, its made it difficult to walk through the streets, its rendered many bed ridden with everything to simple colds to Pneumonia. Many citizens are finding that keeping fires going isn't quite enough. Many sources of heat like steam vents, heaters, even just a warm room are swamped or turned into a sort of business where access to warmth has to be brought. The Arcadians are being blamed.

The Arcadian ruler is displeased with the fact that he has to make regular pleas to other cities for clothing scraps or fuel for fires. Judges in thick hides, furs and boots chase leads to the cause of the snow. Spring is reported to be a month late for Rabanastre but no-where else so suspicions are high.

Many Hunter clans within the city are also conducting their investigations. Due to the strange weather hitting the indigenous species hard and making most forms of travel near impossible, their lively-hood appears to be at stake. A group of frustrated hunters exacerbates things. Guilds of clothing in the city are having a huge boon in business, but only as long as material arrives regularly from donations. Hunting for skins and fur from animals that are nearly wiped out wouldn't help anyone at this point.

One such group, however, is planning a cunning way of escaping to find help past the Eastersands. The Moogle Front is a group that back up moogles in trouble. If they don't have legal representation for instance, The Front will provide. Help on starting a buisness, The Front will point to an expert. If a thick layer of snow is able to render a city mostly paralysed then that's bad for every Moogle's business. Drops in temperature could kill of customers and its their civic duty. So the plam was to build a machine that could escape the snow through the Eastersands to eventually evacuate or bring more aid to Rabanastre. One snag: it has be built from whatever can be begged, borrowed or taken from within the city's walls.

I want a group of Moogles to be played but all kinds of characters are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Who likes Moogles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who likes Moogles?   Who likes Moogles? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Okay, cool.

Just a few things I don't get.
Character types. So are they all Moogles and what is a Moogle?
Day and age: What year is this set in. I'm guessing it is a medievil type one?
Tech: Do the tech levels match the age or is it a mix?
World and history. Self explanatory.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Who likes Moogles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who likes Moogles?   Who likes Moogles? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:24 am

All right, errr...

Character types: Moogle's are predominant in the story so most of the main characters will be Moogle's and members of the Front or working for them. Other characters will be fine but not a centre of focus, if that make sense. Also, this machine will probably only be big enough for Moogles.

And your not sure what a Moogle is? You haven't played any Final Fantasy at all and sort of picked up what they were called?! MINE GOTT!

This is a Moogle. In Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, they tend to serve as shop keepers. They haven't had much of a break out from that though. They are awesome, don't like their pom touched (the red thing on a bendy stick connected to their head) and they have an odd speech impediment where they have to add Kupo after sentences.
Who likes Moogles? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4qzx3-fvtpEULR9sPraDCTvZZbUSwvBVXDv5o_wQeQoF-xh10yw

For the place we're concerned with, they look like this. Its part of an update the whole series underwent. I like them.
Who likes Moogles? XII-moogles

Day and age: Not really applicable. Final Fantasy rarely gives a date because it doesn't actually matter. Its all a little confused anyway. They have airships powered by energy rotors and computer terminals but everyone uses bows, muskets and swords.

Tech: As I said, Technology Levels are confused but seem to favour Airship Technology. They are sleek, beautiful machines. Everything else is a little less so. Combat is still mostly sword fights but there are muskets and pistols too. An energy weapon would be novel but still take the form of a sword. There are 'computers' but they are reserved for higher classes and officials.
In short: Its Medieval with a load of Technology woven in directed at Airships, mainly.

World and history: Well, I'm going to airlift from Wiki for most of this. hang on.

This is set within the land of Ivalice during an age when "magic was commonplace" and "airships plied the skies, crowding out the heavens". At this time, magicite, a magic-rich mineral, is commonly used in magic spells and in powering airships—a popular form of transportation in Ivalice. Ivalice is divided into three continents: Ordalia, Valendia, and Kerwon. Ordalia is located in the western part of Ivalice. The Rozarrian Empire makes its home in the vast inland plains of this continent as the eastern portion of it is largely desert or "jagd"—lawless lands so devoid of Mist (the ethereal manifestation of magicite) that airships cannot fly over them. Valendia is the home of Imperial Archadia, where vast and lush plains dot the landscape. Central to the story is Dalmasca, a small kingdom between the two continents and Empires. Located in the middle of the Galtean Peninsula of Ordalia, Dalmasca is surrounded by an expanse of desert. The temperate climate of Dalmasca differs from the cold environs of Kerwon and the lush plains of Valendia and Ordalia. During this time, Ivalice is beset by the pending war between the forces of Rozarria and Archadia. Dalmasca is taken after a long time of fighting and Rabanastre is where we set everything. This is two years after the invasion.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Who likes Moogles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who likes Moogles?   Who likes Moogles? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Okay cool.
I think I get it.

Yeah, I had heard of Moogles and even seen the originals in KH but it never really told us what they were. Kupo (So cute!)

Overall, count me in.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Who likes Moogles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who likes Moogles?   Who likes Moogles? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Great. Anymore for anymore?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who likes Moogles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who likes Moogles?   Who likes Moogles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who likes Moogles?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Beginner :: Interest Check-
Jump to: