The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

R.A. Salvatore rp!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 pm

So, this is for an rp based around RA Salvatore's Drizzt books. I believe that Syldoran and I are going to talk about a new roleplay pertaining to this. For those of you who don't know about RA Salvatore, this will be an rp based around elves, and Dark Elves.

I will explain in much more depth in later posts..I promise.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Dark ellvvvessss

You mentioned yesterday you had some sort of plan? Albeit a very vague one?
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Well, actually, its not that vague. xD

At one point, I tried very hard to get an rp going on RPG about dark elves. I can look up all my OOC info over there if I actually want to log on. ><

But, before I do such a thing, it's basically about a war between the light and dark elves. The dark elves are waging war on the light, and so players can be either race, or another race if they so choose. Its supposed to be an epic fight, but might prove hard to keep up with. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:29 pm

A war might be a bit difficult to keep up with, yeah. But we'll either manage, or we can focus on a small group of characters doing something. Rebellion maybe? I'unno.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah. Rebellion might be better. the biggest thing that I come across is that people don't know much about the Drow race, thus can't portray them accurately.

Now, I was thinking that we could do the "Drizzt cliche" and have some nice drow causing a rebellion. And they wouldn't all have to be drow either, if we can have a legitimate reason to have other races. They could be trying to get to the surface or something....

I of course, will be playing both a good drow, and a traditional drow if we do it this way.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Nice drow! XD If anyone plays D&D that's the only kind of drow there is because nobody can play an evil drow in a party and still maintain the campaign . . .

Anyway, sounds like I'd end up doing the same thing. Probably play a sympathetic drow and maybe a surface elf to boot, though I don't know what he/she would be doing underground with La Resistance in the first place. Or maybe no sympathetic drow for me and a traditional one instead. Or maybe the same as you're doing. I don't knooowww
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Well, a surface elf could be a slave, perhaps? I have a huge write up explaining all about Menzo, and drow behavior, etc ect. The only reason I want to incorporate other races is because I want other people to join too! And...drow can be intimidating when you're not aware of them as much.

Though of course, I am always very willing to help anyone out. Rping drow is my greatest passion, lol.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Enslaved surface elf actually might work. Let free and helps out with the rebellion thing to get back to the surface . . . Then I guess that may leave me with a traditional drow, then. Though I might make him leaning toward neutrality . . .

Getting ideas now. Yay~
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Well, I will definitely have at least one female and male traditional drow. Conveniently named Vendes and Bergin'yon because...those are two of my favorite names.

I will also probably have a "Drizzt" drow. No, not like Drizzt, just good. xD
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:54 pm

I somehow want to incorporate a V and a Z into my male drow's name even though this will be completely difficult. Verzen?

Oh wait that was easy.

Anyway, time to start writing up characters and seeing how many I come up with that are any good.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Hehe, there are a number of great drow name databases to look at too. I have used them often.

Anyway, I want to do this now. I dunno Syl, just you and me?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Haha I totally forgot about this I am a bad person.

But yeah. C: Nobody else seems interested.

Your turn to start. :I
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:32 pm

lol, okay. Sooo....we want to do a rebellion thing then yess?

I suppose we should structure this a little better before just throwing it out there. Or something. lol
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 pm

Structure is for squares. =P

Yeah, we should. Rebellion, and maybe a ruling house that is tracking them down that we can shove our traditional drow into?
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Okay yeah.

lol, okay, the main thing I need to know is where we should start. lol
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Hmmm . . .

Pick a point in time and go? I assume shortly after the beginning of the war and they're just trying to head out.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Okay, okay. Lol.

hum....So, I'm going to two tradition drow NPCs, and then one main character. Right? I can't decide what gender I want my main character to be...:/ As soon as I figure this out, I will start this. lol
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:15 pm

I'mma have one traditional male drow, female surface elf, and maaayyybe a sympathetic drow. I haven't decided yet.

This gives us both time to figure it out. X3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.A. Salvatore rp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.A. Salvatore rp!   R.A. Salvatore rp! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.A. Salvatore rp!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Intermediate :: Interest Check-
Jump to: