The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The New Years Party Costume Competition

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

The New Years Party Costume Competition Empty
PostSubject: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 am

Can someone help?

Getting these damn pictures developed was a bloody nightmare. Look, I threw a quick Costume-Bash to celebrate New Years. I gave people some camera's - you know, disposable ones. It was a small do in the end. I think most of the invites got lost. We've had some nasty snow over here in England. Anyway, those who turned up took some pictures and I took 'em to be developed.

Ten quid, three hours and sickly milkshake later, I get the developed pictures back. Only four of them are actually from the party cameras. The rest are of two chubby children wedged in water-rings or armbands, floating in various swimming pools.

Worse of all, I'm not sure who it is under the costumes. I have a vague idea who turned up but I can't think who it is in each picture. I can't give these to anyone who came otherwise.

Look, I'll make you a deal: I'll do my best to create some artwork of a character of your choosing (signature, profile picture, artist's impression or even comic), if you can tell me which of the many characters that have featured at the Path is in costume. Oh! And because I want you to work a little for this, can you tell me who they are dressed as? To make it all nice and easy, I've cut them up and stuck them together. Got to practice Photoshop for Media Studies you see.

First correct answers wins.

So, simply put:

Tell me who is it under the costume.

Tell me who they are dressed as.

First to guess them all correctly wins.

The New Years Party Costume Competition Comp_p10

Entry Form:

1. ......as......

Last edited by Tyro on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Halloween Competition? What competition?)
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Sounds fun. Cant wait till you get it going.
Back to top Go down
Puck_midsummernightsdream
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:55 pm

hmmm i'm willing to take a shot..... can't wait for it to begin
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:03 pm

This completion is now under way!
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:27 pm

1. Kaichou Hogaraka as Jak
2. Tyro as Daxter
3. Death as The grim reaper XD
4. Joey as Billy
5. Zakuro as Mandy
6. Bella as Ramona Flowers

If I got it I give the win to Syl lol.

Last edited by Thepsycoman on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Goddammit, 6 is the only one I can't get, either. I know the costume, just not the character.

(Also, it's spelled Zakuro fffff)

Eff it.

1. Kaichou as Jak
2. Tyro as Daxter
3. Death as . . . Death. Or Grim, considering who he's standing by, but it's pretty insignificant, as they're the same in the end.
4. Joey as Billy (dammit I hate this show why did you do this to him)
5. Zakuro as Mandy
6. Somebody with fricking long hair as Ramona Flowers
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm glad you agree with me in saying Zakuro is Mandy.

Hehe, the first one was so easy for me because of how many times Alan and Kai have had been together in a roleplay. Of course we all know Tyro.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:53 pm

I would like to offer my services to draw a few others, if you intend to continue this game past this.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:13 pm

well i'm screwed. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:32 am

If you'd like to Syl. I had a few more in mind if there was a tie.

I'm going to have to leave a couple of clues because your not getting who 6. and 5. are, it seems. That could be my fault. I'll try and choose a little better next year.

5. While Zakuro fits as a black haired Mandy but I tried to limit the amount of characters per roleplayer in the competition. Because Syl's already gone, I chose one of Frozen Memory's characters from a one-on-one she was in. Lengthy thing too but the name appears immediately. Its title is an oxymoron really, something like dreams being realised or becoming real.

6. Nice guess but its not Bella but its a character with black steaks in her hair. Come on, who has black streaks in their hair? And Syl has drawn at least twice.

And I didn't know you didn't like 'Billy & Mandy', Syl. My bad. Look on the bright side, your currently winning.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:38 am

Well number 6 is obviously Veronica, I had though of her a few times but I felt like being silly... As for number 5 my guess is Lilly Lighwood.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:18 pm

5. Lucy.

6. But Veronica's hair isn't that long ffffff :C I thought about her but the hair length thing threw me off . . . Then again, Veronica might make a cool Ramona. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Is Veronica short for Ronnie? Its all I have her written down as.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Ronnie is short for Veronica, actually. But yes, they are the same person; Ronnie is Veronica's nickname.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Whoops, typo. Anyhoo....

WINNER!

Syldorian
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Hooraaaayyy
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Who the heck was number five!

Anyway, if you want anything moved or anything and if Syl can't do it just ask me.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:09 pm

I know you could whip something up pretty quickly yourself but you now get my artistic services for something of your choice.

So, any ideas?

Lies about Tyro's drug addiction are false and probably wont effect the eventual drawing. The magic pixies will find you with their toasting forks if you are not 100% satisfied with your drawing commotion. The milk is not ready and you are not ready for the milk. You never will be ready for his white fury. Insanity is not contagious but it might be prudent to wipe your hands after shaking Tyro. Payment is one happy thought about Murphy Smurphy the Fedoriousnessnessness. Quack quack, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom. He is the Milkman, his milk is delicious. All checks must be made payable to either Kieran Clare or Mr Jim-jams the currently-pirate Ferret. No cheques returned without mayo.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Actually Thepsy, I may have put this in the wrong place. Competitions would be a better place for this thread.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Gotcha.

But who is number 5?
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:27 pm

5. was Frozen Memories' Lucy. She was in an Advanced One on One with someone called Gall called 'Awakened Dreams'. I admit, I wanted a hard one but that was a little too harsh. I'll try not to make the answer so ambiguous next time.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Damn, you beat me to answering. I even had a bad Mambo #5 pun.

Anyway . . . I don't know. Draw Joey doing something interesting. He plays bass guitar so maybe do something with that.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Hmmm.....I'll think of somethin'.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:52 pm

I hope to see one of my characters in the next one Tyro!
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:55 pm

OK. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Years Party Costume Competition   The New Years Party Costume Competition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Years Party Costume Competition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: The Path Contests-
Jump to: