The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Your first time...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Annoyance
Hatchling
Hatchling
Annoyance

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:48 pm

...roleplaying. Do you remember it? Do you remember the first place you roleplayed? Was it a website? Tabletop game? Was it a solitary story? Or perhaps the beginning of an overarching plot?

I remember mine, quite clearly actually. It was a vampire roleplay taking place at the onset of World War I. From the beginning I was in over my head, in context and out of it. All the other players in the setting were experts, I mean players with extraordinary literary talent. Each one had a character with a detailed, thought out history. A few of the players even coordinated and wrote up characters specifically related to each other. Everyone knew each other and had a hand in planning things out, except for me. When the roleplay started, they would go deep into descriptions of the setting, each other, their thoughts, feelings, and all sorts of stuff I was just beginning to grasp.

Still, I was excited. I let everyone know I was new, and that if I messed anything up, to talk to me and we would straighten things out. Apparently that was the right way to introduce myself, because I was given a warm welcome and sullied forth right into the story. I played a simple fledgling, lost, confused, and ignorant. Honestly, not that engaging.

Still, I was quickly found and established as a power player, in a weird sort of way. One of the players came to me and asked if they could play my sire, which I had no problems with and agreed to. Turns out that player was the second in command to the big-bad of the story, and she had even made other vampires and abandoned them, hoping to find a prophetic child among the survivors. One that would open the gates of Hell and secure victory for her country. Guess who that turned out to be?

So, established as a key pawn, I was thrown into the limelight and made a major part of the story. I'd like to think that I improved greatly over the sixteen to twenty two pages we managed to get to, but that's when things fell apart I'm afraid. Something came up in my life (Though I don't remember what) and I tried to, as one person put it, bow myself gracefully out of the picture. I made a deal with someone to take my character, and then that would be that.

Unfortunately, Everyone else at this point also began to drift off, and soon there was just the player to receive my character, and myself. The roleplay then predictably died, but I still look on it as a successful venture.

The place I started off roleplaying was a persudo-political website in which one was to run their own country. If you wanted to roleplay your country, you had to come up with a form of government, opposing groups, sense of nationality, and various other things to make your country realistic. In hindsight, this probably wasn't the best place to start roleplaying, but I managed it for a good while.

Right then, sorry I rambled on there for a bit. Anyone else have a story?
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:09 am

Nice story.

I started roleplaying as an illiterate 13 year old who's friend persuaded him to talk to her on Neopets.
I had been looking through their chat thing and I found the roleplaying section and so I tried it out.

My first was likely a gifted roleplay but I can't remember properly. It was followed by more of a mixed types of roleplays.

But since then I have become more literate and all. But even so I had to admit those early roleplays had been extreme fun.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 am

Hmm.

I can think of two early roleplays, but I'm not sure which was first.

I think I began roleplaying on the Risembool Rangers site, a place I no longer return to because it was rather frightening. (I thought it was an FMA fan club. Apparently it was a Vic Mignogna fan club, and while he is an awesome person with an awesome voice, the people started to become creepy.) I'm not 100% sure, but if it was on this site, it probably would have been either a Naruto roleplay that turned out horribly, or that ninja roleplay that turned out horribly.

I was maybe thirteen and roleplaying with other thirteen-year-olds so it wasn't exactly going well. None of us had the concept of a "posting order." I was a decent writer at the time, I think, but sure as hell didn't know what I was doing.

The other one might have been, well, Naruto, but it started out as an IM with someone I barely knew but would become my now ex-best friend. That one went on for a really long time.

So my first was somewhere in that mix. I really can't be sure. I'm just really glad I pulled myself out of Naruto. lP

EDIT:

I would like to retract my previous statement. My friend just found a notebook from late ninth, early tenth grade for a roleplay that we started in seventh grade.

SEVENTH GRADE.

We, ah, were bad at it. Inuyasha/Legend of Zelda crossover, which was in part because our group of friends all took Inuyasha nicknames and she and I are major Zelda fans. Pretty bad stuff, all in all, though it did get better with the notebook in later years.

Now I feel old. It doesn't feel like it's been that long since we started that roleplay, but it's been four and a half years. I'm surprised we still remember it, too.
Back to top Go down
Annoyance
Hatchling
Hatchling
Annoyance

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:21 am

What do you mean a 'gifted' roleplay Psy? I don't think I've run into that term before.

Well, for the moment I think you win Sly for the earliest roleplay. Of course, now I'll have to look up Risembool Rangers and Vic Mignogna, as per curiosity. FMA sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:47 am

Its just short for gifted human. Its a way of kind having something like magic with the "Wizardy" sense of things.

Like my character is normally a shadow user who can control and make shadows. Ether that or fire.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:01 am

I win! Huzzah! I have something to feel accomplished about in my life.

FMA = Fullmetal Alchemist, best anime ever my favorite anime. I started a roleplay in eighth grade on that, too, that lasted at least a year . . . Anyway, Vic Mignogna does the voice of Edward Elric, the main charater, and some other voices that he's not as well known for (like Tamaki in Ouran High School Host Club, teehee). The Risembool Rangers are his fan club, which become kind of creepy when you get further in. He's a genuinely nice guy, but rumors have gone about that he's cosplayed at cons just to hide from his fans, etc. So yeah. >_>
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 am

Hum..well, I've been roleplaying for about four years I guess. I started on a....horse forum. I stumbled across this board about horses, because at the time I had two of them, and found this forum called gaming. So, naturally, I went in to check it out and that's where I discovered roleplaying. And, like most people's early roleplays, we sucked.

Now, I like to think that I learned pretty quickly, and although most replies of mine were barely over a paragraph, they were a much better quality than a lot of the others on there. I found a small group of other 'literate' roleplayers on that board, and we kind of stuck together. Eventually, our roleplaying board got closed, and we were forced to move on. Then I went on to only doing 1x1s with a friend from that site, and then I took about a two year hiatus from roleplaying altogether.

Then, one day, my best friend told me about this online roleplay she had created, and that she needed characters. And my interest was peaked right away, so I was roused from my depths to rejoin the rping community at Roleplay Gateway. And I think I really improved my skills there.

And now I'm here too!

So...that's my story I guess. Fascinating, right?
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:51 am

If I rememer right it was on Gaiaonline around 2007. At this time I was writting a lot of stories that never had endings. ^-^ I was an ok roleplayer, and I did a lot of group roleplays. Also a few 1x1. I made two roleplays that was more then 20 pages before dieding. Then roleplays there got crapy and I moved on to here.

That is my story. ^-^ I think that roleplays are open stories that helps us to become better writers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first time...   Your first time... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your first time...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Gossips and chat-
Jump to: