The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The Will Of Aria [OOC]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DrunkPurpleHedgehog
Hatchling
Hatchling
DrunkPurpleHedgehog

The Will Of Aria [OOC] Empty
PostSubject: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Twenty years ago in the kingdom of Aria, five warriors fought a mighty battle against a powerful tyrant. These six beings, including the tyrant, each possessed a power; the power of the elements. Each person had their own element, be it: darkness, light, fire, water, earth or air, and these powers were referred to as Wills. The tyrant, an evil man who wished to rule over Aria and lusted for riches and power, possessed the Will of Darkness, while the leader of the band of warriors who fought against him possessed the Will of Light. The other warriors: fire, water, earth and air, were her guardians, and with them the Will of Light did battle with the tyrant and his minions for three years. Once the war's outcome was clear, balance and peace returned to the kingdom of Aria.

Unfourtunately, the Will of Light, a half-elf, half-human woman, died only a few months after peace had settled, but not before giving birth to a child. Now, twenty years after the first world began and seventeen years since peace began, that child will become the new Will of Light, as another Will of Darkness has risen to try and seize Aria for themselves. Even with the help of their guardians and fellow Wills, is it possible for good to triumph like it did once before?

Only time will telll...

-----------------------------------------

Avaliable Character Slots

Will of Darkness :Half-elf, half-human: Reserved

Will of Light :Either Quarter-elf, three quarter-human OR Three quarter-elf, quarter-human: Open

Will of Fire :Greenskin/Swamp Orc: Taken by DrunkPurpleHedgehog

Will of Water :Elf: Reserved

Will of Earth :Human: Open

Will of Air :Elf (Female): Delinae ~ Syldoran

Additional Characters :: PM DrunkPurpleHedgehog for suggestions

-----------------------------------------

Character Skeleton

Name:

Alias/Title/Nickname:

Race:

Will of:

Appearance: Either picture or detailed description. Either way is fine with me Very Happy

General Demeanour/Personality:

Job/s:

Weapons/Fighting Style:

Additional Powers/Skills:

History:

Last edited by DrunkPurpleHedgehog on Sun May 23, 2010 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:01 pm

I will place a character for Will of darkness sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
DrunkPurpleHedgehog
Hatchling
Hatchling
DrunkPurpleHedgehog

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:02 pm

That's great to hear Very Happy

Also I forgot to mention that there are two types of elves; normal elves and night elves. Normal elves are just basically like the elves you see in LOTR and what you while Night Elves have dark blue-y black skin and pale iris' and white pupils so their eyes look almost completely white. Also, normal elves are more like healers and magicians of light and live in forests but not particularly deep inside them while night elves are more dark magic, necromancy and curses and they deep within the forests, like 'trees as big as sky scrapers and so thick with leaves that it's hard for the sun to get through their leaves' deep.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Yeah, I would like to reserve the will of water. Hopefully for a, you guessed it, Night Elf. Fitting right? XD
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:17 pm

I reserved the Will of Air awhile ago. :v I'll get on her profile.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Yes I think Alan could be a Night elf Smile

:s Every time I type that I think of WOW.
Back to top Go down
DrunkPurpleHedgehog
Hatchling
Hatchling
DrunkPurpleHedgehog

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:20 am

Seems like I'll have to take up a secondary character elephant

I'm happy to take the Will of Light... Anyone up for taking up the Will of Earth? Or knows anyone who might be interested in this kind of thing? It would be a much appreciated help.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:46 am

I'd be happy to take over Will of Earth as well, if need be. I like doubling up on characters. c:
Back to top Go down
DrunkPurpleHedgehog
Hatchling
Hatchling
DrunkPurpleHedgehog

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:08 am

Cool, thanks a lot Syldoran Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:47 am

No prob. c:

Now for my Will of Air~ Hope she's not too off. She's an established character of mine and I don't want to change her up too much . . .

Name: Delinae
Alias/Title/Nickname: None in particular. Family members used to call her "Del" but now she cringes at the nickname.
Race: Elf
Will of: Air

Appearance: Delinae is fairly tall, standing about 5'11 and rather slim. Her facial features are likewise thin and elegant, to the point where they could almost be exotic even for an elf. She keeps her hair somewhat long, past her shoulder blades; her hair is a deep, deep red, thick, and wavy. Her eyes are a faint gold color, although her right eye is covered by a black eye patch that she never removes if it can be helped--she lost that eye as a teenager. In fact, she's more likely to die before taking it off. Similarly, she keeps her other eye almost hidden by her hair, just enough out of her way so that she can see.

As for clothing, Delinae likes to wear earthier colors, usually in browns and clay-colored reds. She has a dusty tan cloak that she likes to wear almost all of the time, drawn about her body. The hood is often pulled up over her head.

Also, although she keeps them hidden, a number of scars cover her body under her clothing, mostly on her chest and shoulders. Were it not for those scars she might be more inclined to wear more feminine clothing from time to time.

Personality: Delinae is incredibly quiet and shy. She very rarely speaks even when spoken to and usually stutters when she does, and often tries to avoid making direct eye contact with anyone. She is more likely to speak through hand gestures to people if they absolutely need something from her. It is not impossible for her to speak, but when she does, it's usually only a few words. She might learn to be more outspoken around people she can learn to trust, but it's been awhile since she's had anyone like that.

However, the one thing she is not shy about is music. She carries an ocarina with her at all times and, while she's more likely to play while she's alone, it's not uncommon for her to play in front of other people anyway. It's the one thing she feels completely comfortable doing.

Jobs: If desperate for money, Delinae will play music for other people and hope for a few coins. When it comes to food, though, she usually has no need to buy her own. She knows what's edible in the wild and what isn't, and can kill a meal if need be (although she doesn't really like to). Therefore she doesn't need much money at all.

Weapons/Fighting Style: She carries a knife at her hip only out of necessity. She was taught to fight and can defend herself. Using her element is a last resort; she hates to have many people know about her talents.

Additional Powers/Skills: None, aside from her music.

History: Delinae grew up in a small elven community. Her life was average, all things considered. She had her parents and two siblings, and they were a close family. The entire community was tightly-knit and she knew everybody there, and they knew her. It was a quiet existence.

Not everyone, though, was as friendly as the elves.

Although generally the races get along in quiet harmony, there are those select few who despise the others and would willingly do incredible harm based on their prejudices. This time, it was a human hunting party whom the elves had done nothing to.

Delinae tried to flee--she was young, only a teenager by human standards, and while she could fight some, it wasn't enough. The rest of the elves all tried to fight back, but there were fewer of them than the humans.

Why they didn't kill her, she doesn't know. She awoke at some point, covered in scars and with half of her eyesight gone. She barely remembers the incident now. She knows she's not the only one who survived, but there were only one or two others and she doesn't know where they are now. The event left her in complete shock and removed all of the trust she had in anyone. Since then she's been taking care of herself, almost completely silent and left with the scars to remind her.
Back to top Go down
DrunkPurpleHedgehog
Hatchling
Hatchling
DrunkPurpleHedgehog

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:09 am

Accepted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:30 pm

I am so not putting mine up straight after that.
You did this to me last time Sly lol....

It would likely help if I got it done lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Will Of Aria [OOC]   The Will Of Aria [OOC] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Will Of Aria [OOC]
Page 1 of 1