The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

My one act play - 12:15

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Night Elf
Night Elf

My one act play - 12:15 Empty
PostSubject: My one act play - 12:15   My one act play - 12:15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Okay guys! So, this is the begining of a play that I wrote a few years ago. This is only the first four scenes, there are seven scenes, all fairly short. But I'm going to put it up in installations depending of what you guys think. Please leave comments if you feel so inclined. Oh, and just a heads up, there is some..colorful language at the end of this play. Just so ya'll are aware ahead of time. Wink

So, without further ado, I give you the first four scenes of 12:15!!

Act 1

Scene 1
((The stage is practically barren except for a large office desk with desk supplies
and a large computer chair with Alexa’s Psychiatrist, Robert Palmer. Alexa is seated across from him.
It’s barely after noon.))

Palmer: How do you feel about your current relationship with your mother? Are things going smoothly between the two of you?

Alexa: Things are fine. (Alexa scoffs)

Palmer: Is that how you really feel or are you avoiding the question, Alexa?

Alexa: What does it matter anyway?

Palmer: Why is it so difficult for you to discuss this? You’ve been coming to my office for almost two years now, Alexa. Why won’t you talk about your mother?

Alexa: (Alexa looks at her watch) It’s almost 12:15, can I just go, please?

Palmer: I suppose, that’s the end of our session anyway. I’ll see you next week. Same time.

(Alexa rises and walks off stage; lights fade to black on Palmer)

Scene 2
((This scene takes place in the kitchen. Alexa’s mother, Linda is fixing herself lunch. Next day.))

(Alexa opens the kitchen door and goes for her backpack and coat)

Linda: Morning honey!

Alexa: Morning.

Linda: Have you had any lunch?

Alexa: I’m not really hungry.

Linda: Do you want me to fix you something? Some eggs, maybe?

Alexa: I’m fine. I’m actually running late. Thanks, though. (Alexa starts to leave)

Linda: Wait, Alexa, don’t forget to take your medication. (Linda goes to cabinet and pulls out pill bottle, handing it to Alexa)

Alexa: Sure… (Alexa takes the bottle. Linda exits from the door Alexa entered from. Alexa opens the bottle, takes out two pills and drops them down the drain before grabbing her backpack and coat, walking off stage; lights fade)

Scene 3
((Alexa is seated drinking coffee and writing in her notebook
in the coffee shop, a single table, one chair on each side.
Her backpack is on the floor beside her and her coat hanging off the chair
unnoticed by Alexa. Later that day.))

(Grif sneaks up behind Alexa, peering over her shoulder at her writing)

Alexa: (Alexa turns slightly to glance over shoulder and is startled by Grif) Grif!!!

Grif: Watcha got there? (Grif reaches for her notebook)

Alexa: It’s private.

Grif: Awwww! C’mon! Lemme seeee!

Alexa: It’s nothing. You are just way too nosy.

Grif: Oh, well…whatever. (Grif takes Alex’s coffee and takes a big swig)

Alexa: Excuse me! That was mine.

Grif: So how was school today?

Alexa: Same as always. Just a waste of time.

Grif: I’m astonished you managed to escape that hellhole.

Alexa: Those soul-suckers. (Grif grabs Alex’s face and makes ‘soul-sucking’ sounds, she punches his shoulder and he recoils) Whatever.

Grif: Owww! (Both of them laugh at each other, they embrace and the lights fade)

Scene 4

((Same Day. In her room, Alexa is writing in her journal at a desk. Around 12:00 at night))

Dark Alexa: (mockingly) ‘Grif is such a good friend but sometimes I still feel so lonely. Don’t you have anything better to do with your pathetic little self?

Alexa: No, I don’t, thanks

Dark Alexa: That’s right, I forgot how much of a loser you are.

Alexa: What's your problem? Why can't you just leave me alone? (Walks away from her to get sleep clothes) Why can't you just go away…for once?

Dark Alexa: Because, its much more fun hanging out with you. Don’t we have fun? (Laughs)

Alexa: More like YOU have fun and drive ME insane.

Dark Alexa: Insane, huh? Remind you of anyone?

Alexa: Shut up. You're wrong.

Dark Alexa: Whatever, you just don’t want to admit it.

Alexa: What would you know? All you do is sulk and bitch and moan. I think YOU’RE the one with the problem, not me.

Dark Alexa: Maybe. Then again, I'm not the one who's arguing with their self.

Linda: (knocks on door) Honey, are you up? I heard voices…

Dark Alexa: (loudly) You think I piss and moan all the time? That bitch bothers you more than I do!

Alexa: Ssssh!

Linda: Alexa? Alexa, sweetheart, open the door please.

Dark Alexa: Make her go away.

Alexa: Shut up, she’ll hear!

Dark Alexa: Like I care.

Linda: Alexa, please.

Alexa: Just leave before you get me into… (Linda gets the door open. Dark Alexa plops down on the bed, unseen by both of them. Linda enters the room, looking around)

Linda: Are you sure you’re all right, honey? Who were you talking to?

Alexa: What? No...when?

Linda: Just now. I heard you arguing.

Dark Alexa: When is she going to shut up?

Linda: (Linda hears the second voice but doesn’t see it come from Alexa’s lips) What was that?

Alexa: N-nothing. I’m sorry. I was just…practicing my lines…for a play… at school. I’m sorry for waking you.

Linda: Oh, well good for you. I'm glad that your getting involved in school more. How's Jason these days?

Alexa: GRIF is fine…just keeping busy. Y’know, same ole, same ole.

Linda: All right, well, I'll let you finish practicing. You’re just going to be so great in your little play! Let me know if you need anything honey, alright? Good night.

Dark Alexa: Night Linda-

Alexa: (Alexa’s talks over Dark Alexa) Night mom. (Linda leaves and closes the door behind her, Dark Alexa jumps off the bed and stands behind Alexa, mocking her)

Dark Alexa: ‘I’m just practicing for a play’ Ha! You’re becoming just like me. (singing) Alexa’s going crazy! Just like her poor little daddy-

Alexa: Shut up-

Dark Alexa: You think you’re soooo much better than me. I know who I am. I’m the darkness inside of you. You’re the one in denial. When are you going to own up and admit that I’m all there is to you? This is all you are.

Alexa: (Alexa goes to her bed, clearly shaken, Dark Alexa kneels beside her close to her face but still unseen as Alexa turns off the lamp beside her bed)

Dark Alexa: Sweet dreams…
Back to top Go down

My one act play - 12:15
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Creative Writing :: Critique :: Script Writing-
Jump to: