A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Share | 

Magus Potentae

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:59 pm

((Triangles are fun! X3 They're the best polygons ever.))

Taiju raised an eyebrow slightly hearing Cal, but kept his gaze on the road so that nobody would notice. Was Cal getting jealous? Nah, Taiju thought, that was pretty ridiculous. There wasn't a good reason for Cal to get jealous over anything, as far as he could tell. Besides, considering how bad Taiju was at reading people's emotions, it was easy for him to jump to jealousy as an easy conclusion.

"Alright," he said, bringing his mare to a stop. "We'll stop here for the night. Even with Cal's help, the horses could use the rest and need to eat, and I'm sure we've gotten far enough that they won't want to keep searching in the night. We can get up early and continue from there."

He swung down from his horse and landed with a gentle thump on his feet. Immediately he pulled his cloak tighter around his shoulders against the evening chill, contemplated letting Narrel have it anyway, then shrugged to himself and shrugged his bag off his shoulder. "Either of you know how to start a fire?" he asked, looking back at them. "Or will I have to do the honors?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Narrel smiled sweetly at Cal.
"Thank you," she responded. "I'll tough through it though. After all, we've all got to be tough now." She laughed half-heartedly. She was willing to make the changes necessary, it would just take her a while to get used to it.

Both Narrel and Cal looked over at Taiju, looking sheepish.
"It was never a necessary skill for us," Narrel said apologetically. "Do you mind?" She felt like she was using him, so she made a mental note to pay close attention when he started the fire. That way, at least she would be able to be useful later.

Cal sat down after tying up his horse. It looked like Taiju would take care of the fire. He stretched out his sore legs with a groan. He had never ridden for so long before. He sighed as he realized that he would be ridding for even longer in the next few days. If only he had been more careful. All of this was his fault.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Taiju sighed a little bit. "Alright, that's fine. I didn't really expect either of you to know, anyway," he said, dismissing it. "But if you could aid in making a fire pit . . . about a foot and a half across, few inches deep? It'd be a little easier than sitting and digging one out." He gave a little smirk in Narrel's direction, making an attempt to lighten the mood.

He looked around briefly, then spied a nearby tree. "Cal, why don't you go get firewood?" he suggested as he knelt to produce his knife from his boot again. "Get what twigs you can off the ground and break off a few slightly larger branches if you can. I can't actually start the fire otherwise." While on his knees, Taiju also picked up a rock about the size of his fist and struck the side of his knife against it. Sparks flared, and he smiled a little.

He stood again and stretched. He hadn't ridden on horseback in ages; owning a horse had always seemed like too much of a hassle. It was going to be awhile before he was accustomed to it again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Narrel beamed at him. She couldn't even say how happy she was to hate. There wasn't anything she hated more than being a burden. She called on her Magus, feeling the joy of it fill her, and made short work of the task he had given her. It wasn't hard at all to do, but she felt like she was helping. That's really all that mattered.

Cal couldn't help making a face as Taiju told him what to do. He hadn't even considered that there could be anything for him to do. But now he would look bad if he didn't do anything. He stood up and walked over to the tree Taiju had pointed to. He looked all around it, managing to find small pieces of kindling that had fallen off. He then began looking around for larger branches to burn.

He frowned. He couldn't believe how much things had changed in the past few hours. Here he was, the former prince of the whole country, and he was being ordered around by a rouge. But he owed this rouge his life and his friendship. He wasn't about to refuse him because of his own petty selfishness.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Taiju attempted to balance his knife by its tip on his finger for a moment. Once he grew bored of that, he looked up at the sky, noting how quickly it was getting dark. It was already cold. But luckily, they would have a fire soon. Even so, he subconsciously pulled his cloak around his throat.

"So," he began, looking over at Narrel. "What exactly sent you running from the castle? A few days ago you couldn't pull it off, and yet here we are. Cal mentioned the king finding out about his Magus, but that doesn't tell me everything."

While waiting for Cal to return and for Narrel to answer, Taiju kept looking around. There were enough resources here to last them for a little while. The horses could feed on the grass, and there was a small river, branching off the main, not too far from where they set camp. He'd done well in stopping here, he thought to himself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:57 am

Narrel knelt down by the fire pit as Cal began throwing his kindling into it. She had watched soldiers in the field, and she remembered enough to know that the wood needed to be situated in a certain way. She took the smallest twigs and set them in the middle, and then took the slightly larger - but still small - sticks and propped them against themselves, creating a pyramid of wood. She smiled, pleased with herself. That should be able to light fairly well. She thanked Cal as he walked off to find larger pieces of wood that would burn longer.

She sat down, cross-legged next to the hole. She began playing with a spare stick as she answered Taiju.
"Well," she said slowly, "We mainly just got lucky. Once the king found out that Cal was a Magi, he disowned him. Cal was ordered to be collared. He would have become a slave, like I was." She dug her stick into the ground, drawing meaningless patterns in the dirt.
"He would have had to go without me, since I was marked. They would have been able to follow me anywhere. But Cal's old teacher had once mentioned how to take the bracelets off."

She winced, remembering how many tries it had taken to remove the damned thing. She rubbed her wrists unconsciously.
"It took a little bit, but he managed to get it right. After that, it was just a matter of getting out of the castle. The king expected me to still be in the dungeons, so the guards weren't looking for me." She stopped there, hoping that she had answered his question sufficiently. He knew the rest after that anyway - he had been there.

She smiled up at him.
"You think we're ready to start the fire yet?" she asked innocently. "It's getting a bit cold."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:06 am

Taiju picked up the rock again and moved closer to the fire pit. After inspecting the arrangement of the twigs and finding it satisfactory, he struck his knife against the stone. Sparks showered the wood, but didn't catch. He tried a few more times, each time leaning close to see if even an ember had caught.

"What a world we live in, when a king is willing not only to enslave his own people, but his own son due to factors that neither can control," he said with a sigh. "Prejudice is a horrid thing, and yet people are still so happy to run with it. I don't understand it."

He struck the rock one last time, and finally a handful of sparks caught on the smallest twigs. He leaned in close and blew gently on the embers, encouraging them to grow into a small flame. "And then not understanding is what starts my lifestyle," he finished when he was content that the flame would hold. "Isn't it great?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:31 am

Narrel couldn't help but laugh at his sarcasm.
"I'm glad though," she said after a bit, "that you're that way. If you did understand, if you did go with the crowd, Cal and I would be stuck in the castle forever." She smiled, and looked up at the sky. Through the smoke of the fire, she could see a million tiny stars. It was truly beautiful. Through the smoke. . . suddenly, she jumped to her feet.

"Wait a second," she said. She began to pace. A bad feeling was growing in the pit of her stomach.
"Won't the hunting party see the smoke? E-even if they don't come after us tonight, they'll know where we are, right?" She frowned up at the accused pillar of smoke, and then looked sadly down at the fire. If she was right, she would soon have to say good bye to her only source of warmth.

She looked from Taiju to Cal, waiting for one of them to confirm or dismiss her worries. If she was right, how long would they have to go without fire? How long would the king be willing to chase them? She sighed. Perhaps she would never truly be free.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Taiju swore. "Damn it, you're right. Can't believe I didn't think about it before." He drew up some water from the ground and threw it over the flames, which sputtered out with protesting hisses, but still smoldered. He looked to Narrel. "Could you cover it with earth? That'll stop the smoke and embers more quickly."

He sighed heavily and ran a hand back through his hair. Mentally he berated himself for not thinking of the smoke sooner. Of course it would give them away. He should have known better. And now they would have to be without a fire.

"We'll probably have to live for a few days without," he finally said. He looked between Narrel and Cal. "No fire, no stopping in towns, no real comforts until we're a few days gone. It won't be enjoyable, but it's the only way we're going to make a halfway decent escape."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:55 pm

Narrel sighed, and quickly dumped a pile of dirt over the smoldering coals. She sat nearly on top of it, and wrapped her arms around herself. If they were ever allowed in a town again, she was defiantly buying herself a cloak. She looked over at Taiju, who seemed to be angry with himself.

"That's no problem. It'll be inconvenient, but it's worth it. Definitely. I'm sorry that we dragged you into this, though." She looked down to the ground, ashamed. It wasn't enough that she had almost sentenced him to life in prison, now she was risking his freedom again just by her presence. It wasn't fair. But he didn't complain, which made her happy. Maybe someday, she'd find a way to make it up to him.

Cal made a face. Great. Now they were not only stuck in the wilderness, they were stuck without warmth or a way to cook food. He sighed, and laid down by the now-covered fire-pit, hoping to absorb some of the little bit of warmth that it was still emitting. He closed his eyes, ready for the night to be over with so that they could get moving again. He wanted to get as far away from his father's search party as possible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:09 pm

"It's fine. I volunteered to help you, after all," Taiju replied, forcing a slight smile. In reality, he was suffering a couple of doubts for helping Narrel and Cal in the first place. But he would keep those thoughts silent.

"In any case, with the hunt likely so close, one of us will have to stay up to keep watch at all times," he continued. "I'll take first watch, I suppose, but I can't stay up all night, so who'll take the next shift?" He looked expectantly at Cal, then Narrel.

Immediately after asking, he yawned, but tried to stifle it behind his hand. Physically, his body was tired, but his mind was still buzzing. And with so much tension, he didn't trust sleeping at the moment. It always felt like something unexpected was going to happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:20 am

Narrel nodded. Keeping a watch was a good idea.
"I'll take second, then," she said, eager to help. She felt bad letting Taiju stay up all alone, but she knew that if she sat up with him now, she would have trouble staying awake for her own watch. With a sigh, she laid on the ground and curled up into a ball to fight off the chill. It didn't help much, and she soon found herself shivering. She looked up as a warm something pressed itself against her back.

Cal smiled as Narrel looked up at him with adorably surprised eyes.
"I said I'd help keep you warm," he whispered with a shrug. He then raised his voice to address Taiju. "I guess that leaves me with third watch. Thanks." The gratitude was a bit gruff, but it was heart felt. Even if he was worried about the way that Narrel would look at him, Taiju was a good friend.

He snuggled closer to Narrel for warmth, and flung his cloak to cover them both. Narrel was tense and uncomfortable for a moment, but she relaxed as the warmth began to spread over her. Cal fell asleep in minutes, and began snoring lightly. Narrel was having more difficulty finding sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, she would see the king's angry face. They had to get away. They just had to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Taiju raised a brow at Cal, but turned away so the expression would go unnoticed. What was it with that boy? He seemed to be defensive about Narrel now that they all traveled together. The behavior in itself was just . . . obnoxious.

Taiju shrugged it off and took a seat next to the covered fire pit, pulling his cloak up to his chin and the hood over his eyes. It didn't matter significantly to him. While Narrel was someone he could consider a friend, by the loosest definition of the word, she didn't matter to him the way Cal seemed to think. Or something. Taiju wasn't really sure; the intricacies of human emotions had always eluded him and he had never made an effort to figure them out.

With a soft sigh, he squinted to check his watch. Two and a half hours suddenly seemed like a very long time. He rested his chin on his knees and closed his eyes, simply waiting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Narrel twisted and turned in her sleep, unconsciously kicking Cal in the process. He groaned and turned over, but didn't wake. She woke up before long, and dislodged the rock that had embedded itself in her side. She sighed, and looked up at the moon. It was probably going to be her watch soon. There was no point in going back to sleep.

She sat up, moving Cal's cloak so that it covered only him. She shivered as a new blast of cool wind assaulted her, but she smiled as Cal snuggled into the cloak in contentment. At least one of them would get a good sleep. She hoped that Taiju would as well, once she got up to relieve him.

With a groan, she did just that. She stood up, and walked over to where Taiju was resting. He had his head on his arms, but his eyes were open and alert. He looked up at her as she approached him.
"Hey there," she said happily. "I know it's not quite my turn yet, but I can take over, since I'm already up." She smiled, and sat down next to him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:10 pm

"You sure? You've still got a little while to sleep, I wouldn't want to deprive you of it." Taiju was grateful for the offer, as he was beginning to grow tired, but at the same time wanted to make sure Narrel was well enough to keep watch. It was never good to have someone tired as a sentry; exhaustion dulled the senses and could easily lead to a mistake.

Regardless, he stood up and stretched, thinking Narrel would probably tell him not to worry about it anyway. Then he yawned, though he tried to hide it, and looked up at the sky. The night sky was one thing he enjoyed about his travels; in the city, one could never get quite the same sight.

He happened to glance over at Cal at one point, and he frowned again. It was slightly difficult working with the prince now that he was adopting those odd protective behaviors. That would probably wear off with time, though, Taiju mused blankly. At the moment, there wasn't time to be petty.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Narrel grinned.
"Don't worry, I'm plenty awake now. Go get some rest, you definitely deserve it." That being said, she turned her attention to the task at hand. She stretched out her Magus as far as it would go. She would feel anything larger that a rabbit that moved within a mile radius. She was familiar enough with the steps of most forest animals, that she would be able to tell if anything unusual was coming towards them.

She relaxed a bit. Now all she would have to do was stay awake so her Magus would keep working. That wasn't too hard, since she was so cold that she was shivering. She wrapped herself tighter in her arms, and stared up at the stars. It was kind of nice to have a little time to herself to think. Cal was acting strangely now that they were out of the castle. She sighed. It would be nice if their relationship didn't change. She loved having him as a friend.

After a few hours, she felt something on the outskirts of her range, and she sat up. It definitely felt like a human. It was walking on two legs, although it stumbled onto its hands every now and then. She debated waking the others, and decided to wait. She would alert them if the intruder continued to move towards them. With any luck, it was just a lost traveler, and would move away before long.

[I'll leave the decision of who it is up to you. >: D ]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:17 pm

((I do believe I has an idea. >3> *totally exploits this as a chance to have a second character*))

Taiju didn't bother arguing with Narrel after that. It wasn't worth it, and he was exhausted. He stood up to go lay down again about ten feet away. After wrapping himself up in his cloak and finding a comfortable position laying on his stomach, Taiju was asleep in minutes.

Some hours later, the figure meandering toward the camp of runaways was cheerfully oblivious. Some might question why he was out walking in the middle of the night, but he had learned that it was much easier to travel in the dark when walking on foot. It lessened the chances of running into somebody else that he may not want to talk to or otherwise be involved with. And he had no reason to believe that he was a few hundred feet from stumbling upon a camp.

Kalen looked up at the night sky as he walked, finding himself distracted by the brilliant white dots that were the stars. That was another good reason to travel at night, he thought cheerfully. He shook some of his red hair from his eyes, smiling to himself. It was a decent night overall.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:39 am

Narrel was beginning to get worried. Although the person seemed to be in no hurry to reach them, the footsteps were definately heading towards the camp. She stood up and brushed the dirt and leaves from her rump. She walked quietly over to Taiju, and put a hand on his shoulder. She didn't want to wake Cal up, since he would have the next watch if this turned out to be nothing. If it was a danger, he could be woken up with a shout.

She didn't want to cause too much of a stir, since she didn't know who was coming. If it was no one, then they still had time to alter their course. If it was a Royal Searcher, then she didn't want to give away their exact position. The thought of the Searchers made her shiver. They were an elite group of Magi that specialized in finding and . . . interrogating enemies. She didn't think that the king would send such a force after two escaped Magi, but one could never be sure.

"Taiju," she whispered into his ear, "You need to wake up. Someone's coming." She couldn't help looking over her shoulder in the direction that the steps were coming from. She knew that they were too far away to be seen yet, but her nerves caused her to do irrational things.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Taiju was reluctant to wake up. He blinked a couple of times, then looked blearily up at Narrel. "Wha . . . ?" he asked sleepily. He wasn't happy to be awake, nor had he heard much of what Narrel had said other than 'get up.' "What's going on?"

He reluctantly sat up, bundling his cloak up in his lap. "I assume something's happening," he said bluntly. He ran some his fingers along the ground, searching for his glasses. When he found them, he placed them on his nose so he could properly see (and be annoyed at) the one who had woken him.

Kalen, meanwhile, still had no intent of harm or otherwise as he walked nearer still. He looked down at the ground as little flowers occasionally popped up alongside the path he walked. He smiled. Having a Magus was fun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Narrel hid a smile behind her hand. He was kinda cute when he was sleepy. Although it was unfortunate that he seemed to be annoyed at her. She repeated herself, since he seemed to be a little out of sorts.
"Someone's approaching the camp, Taiju. The person seems to be coming at a fairly leisurely pace, so I don't know if they're here for us," she broke off.

Her head turned towards the direction of the stranger. She had felt a Magus being used. That should wake up Taiju. Even Cal was beginning to stir. He opened his eyes sleepily.
"Who used?" he said numbly. Narrel shrugged.
"Someone's coming," she said simple.

She turned back to Taiju, hoping he could give them some direction. She had never been on the run before. Although it was unfair to expect him to make all the decisions, but she had no other choice. Like it or not, he was the only one who could take charge now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Taiju was about to make another protest, but he sensed the use of the Magus too. It made him immediately tense and look toward the source of the power. He knew that the presence of a Magus did not mean that the intruder was a threat. However, if the person was a Magi, that would just make dealing with them all the more difficult.

He stood up with a sigh and dusted himself down, leaving his cloak on the ground. "Well, hopefully he or she is just another wayward rogue like ourselves," he said, glancing at Narrel. "If there's only one person, and they're not even making haste, I doubt we're in too much trouble. Bandits don't typically travel alone, and any parties hunting for us wouldn't be single, either. There's probably nothing to worry about.

"But on the off-chance that there is, I'll go take a look," he continued, taking off his glasses to rub his tired eyes. "It's best for you and Cal to lie low, and just in case this is somebody to worry about, it's best that you don't show your faces." He clenched his jaw to hold back a yawn and began making his way toward the unidentified threat, mentally swearing that he wasn't still asleep at that moment. "I'll be right back."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Narrel nodded. Now that she thought about it, she felt bad for waking him up. She should have been able to take care of things herself. But it was too late now. And he did have a point about Cal and her keeping a low profile. She dragged a half-asleep Cal off of the ground.

"Let's go, Cal," she whispered. It was difficult to remember not to call him 'your highness'. The two headed to behind a bush. Narrel shifted uncomfortably as the prickly leaves stuck into her skin. Cal opened his mouth to complain, but she put one finger to her lips to silence him. Sometimes, one just had to deal with things like that.

They waited in hiding as Taiju went to check out this person. She longed to be with him, just so that he would have someone at his back. She would hate to think of him fighting someone alone. Especially since it would be her fault for dragging him into this. She silently made the decision to run help him if she felt a high amount of Magus use nearby.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Taiju couldn't help a very slight feeling of nervousness as he went out in search of the random Magi. While he was sure he could deal with the potential threat and was confident in his own fighting skills, there was always that chance. He knew better than to allow confidence to overrule logic.

The person was proving easy to keep track of. The constant use of Magus (though Taiju couldn't imagine for what) made it easy for him to keep track. Taiju wondered just what kind of Magus the person could use. Judging by the current time, they couldn't be a Soli, and the constant use suggested something other than Bestiae. That still left numerous other options, though, and Taiju found himself frustrated that he couldn't narrow it further. He hated to be unprepared.

In his thought, Taiju was left momentarily unaware. He snapped to just in time to see someone -he had no chance to see who- bolting at him. He swore and hurriedly pulled water from the ground to defend himself, but before he could take action he was tackled to the ground . . . in an enthusiastic embrace. His cry of fear and pain was cut short by contact with the hard earth while the "attacker" in question babbled on unintelligibly about how long it had apparently been since they last met. Taiju soon recognized the voice and face, and sighed, dropping his head and mumbling face-down into the dirt.

"Hi, Kalen," he muttered, giving up on life.

Last edited by Syldoran on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Narrel bounced up and down a bit in her hiding place. It was harder than she expected to sit still and wait. Cal seemed to have no problem, since he was already nearly falling asleep against the tree. She rolled her eyes, but smiled. It must be nice to have so few worries. She shook her head, though. That wasn't true. He had perhaps more worries than any of them. Perhaps that's why he was so exhausted. She brushed a strand of hair out of his face, seeing his child-like behavior in a new light.

She jumped as a large thud echoed through her Magus. Someone had fallen down. Hard. She flung herself from the bushes and ran in the direction she had felt the impact. Cal was up not far behind her. They both stopped dead when they found their comrade, though. Cal brought his hand to his mouth to cover a laugh.

Taiju was on the ground alright, but he was being adored by what Narrel could only guess was a puppy-turned-human. She fought back her own smile, as her eyebrows raised involuntarily.
"Introductions, Tai?" she said cheerfully.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Taiju mumbled something into the dirt. The male who had attacked him gained a dramatic and hurt expression. "Now Taiju, that's hardly something to say to your long-lost best friend," he said, sitting up (still perched on Taiju's back) and crossing his arms with a pout. Then he looked up at Narrel and Cal. "Though I see you've made other friends. Now you're replacing me? Never let me call you 'Tai' . . ."

"Because you never tried to, and I don't know when she started." Taiju propped himself up on his arms so he could breathe and speak. "Would you mind getting off, Kalen? I already got woken up three hours into a decent sleep because she thought you might kill us. You're not making the night easier."

"Not my fault. Not like I knew." Kalen reluctantly stood up to allow Taiju free movement. Taiju stood and dusted himself down, looking highly agitated. "I admit, this is the last thing I expected. I leave you alone for a year and you run off to get a girlfriend?"

Taiju sighed. "No . . . that's not how it works," he said flatly. "It's a long story."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magus Potentae   

Back to top Go down

Magus Potentae
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Intermediate :: One on One-
Jump to: