The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

What should I do?

Go down 
+4
Night Elf
Shiva
Common Nonsense
Frozen Memory
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Okay guys, I need your opinions on things and I really need suggestions.

If there is something you want me to add to the profiles like biography or something, please tell me and we will do a vote on it.

Now onto the real situation:

How many of you actually check the newsletter? I mean, seriously, there are things I put here that I want you guys to look at and tell me what you think but not very many of the people here do so. Do you guys have any suggestions of what I should do to make more people look in this section and vote and give advise and such? How about any ideas for trafficking people to come onto the site or to be active in general? I am running out of options and maybe if I heard some things from you guys, I can make this place more desirable for everyone.

I've put up contests that hardly anyone participates in (Though I do admit I am slacking in one since I have a lack of ideas at the moment), I made a neat little rp for the whole community to do, we decorate the skin, I beg things in the announcements, I send e-mail reminders to those who aren't active and I had to deactivate like so many of them because they wouldn't respond to anything and I gave them well over thirty days to get back into Path. What else should I do? How else should I advertise that will get people to come and STAY? This site has been up for months and we haven't even reached 100 members. What should I do? I need your opinions!
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:36 pm

I read the newsletters. D: I just usually don't have much to say . . .

That said, I really can't offer much.

Personally, I think the place is perfect. We've got things to do. It's a pretty tightly-knit community where everyone likes each other. It's clean, it's neat, it's nice to look at. I'm sure a number of us feel the same. The hard part seems to be getting people to stay once they show up, though.

As it stands, you're doing everything perfectly, as far as I see, to make this place enjoyable, and the effort is commendable. I know I'm not perfectly active in contests, but I never have any ideas there. :/ Otherwise I always like coming back and checking on updates and all that stuff. I personally don't know what's being done wrong either.

I'll start making more of an effort to advertise, though. Least I could do, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks Syl, and I didn't say that no one was reading the newsletter! I am glad that you check and that a few others do as well. I am trying to figure out how to better advertise really and where I could. Most of the people on Gaia sadly aren't people I would bring over here but there are some. We just have to browse through the forums. I do most of my advertisements on rpg. Most of us are from rpg lol. Any other places you think would offer some pretty good members?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 pm

I got nothing. Sorry.

Being a guy means being subjected to a social stereotype where if you are seen on any sort of forums that does not involve drinking a nail-eggwhites milkshake for protien and iron, you are immediately given a swirlie and thus will have a head full of toilet-water and god-knows-what.

I used to be in a clan that was mildly interested in role-playing, and were actually literate, but it's been disbanded long ago.

Also, please don't even think about gaia anymore. These are people from Gaia:

What should I do? Twifags

§
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:54 pm

lol thanks. There are some... more like few.... who are actually good on gaia. I contacted a few and they shoved my offer in my face, but eh, what can you do. And hey! I am a guy to and I didn't get my head flushed into a toilet lol. It is a shame that people have that stereotype of guys. I need to get back on track and advertise again. I admit I slacked off a little.. hehe.... -sweat drop-
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:29 am

Well, I know that I told you my feelings on why it can be intimidating to stay. You guys are all great, but it can be akward coming into a site where everyone really knows each other. I don't really know how to fix it though....actually, I kind of have an idea. But I don't know. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 am

Ah, yeah, that can be a problem. Unfortunately, it becomes more of a matter of sucking it up and plunging in, starting in the games or somewhere relaxed. But we're all open to ideas, of course, so whatcha got?
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah. Thats so what I'm doing now. Hopping in things! Ahaha. Anyway...here is my *idea*

I was thinking of having like....site mentors maybe? I don't mean like writing mentors, I mean members who can become friends with new members sort of. Who's job it is to make all the new members feel really welcome. Not really offer them help with the site exactly, since thats an admin's area of expertise, but just make them feel welcome and like they have someone to talk to right away. Like, a door greeter. lol.

Does that make sense? I can see if no one wants to do that. It was just an idea. You can tell me to shush if you don't like it. Or pretend I never wrote that. XD I promise.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 pm

lol no, no, I actually like that idea. ^^ That sounds good. Now we just need volunteers to do that. Would you like to be one such volunteer since you came up with the idea? You don't have to of course. I can make the mentor an actual title for people to. I'll just need a few people to request it and then I'll make it.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Oh sure! I would love to! It would be helpful if there were maybe..two or three perhaps. I want a title. *puppy dog eyes* Please?

Only if you want to make one. XD
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I am going to lol. Don't worry. I need to more people! I am going to go add this to the list of needed people ^^
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh look! I have a title! How exciting!
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:36 pm

I will also volunteer.

Also I think if you are able to make a mail service that tells each time you put out a newsletter, Having it so it is a default option when you join and it may keep people here for longer and keep people like myself reminded that you do make these newsletters.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:04 pm

You want to be a mentor? I'd have to take off your other rank if I did. One or the other sadly. Also, for your suggestion, good one. I'll figure it out later on tonight or tomorrow how to send the newsletter announcements. ^^
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:46 pm

It's not like I have a good rank so in truth I will be gaining more then losing in that case.

I'm glad you liked the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 pm

lol okay. I'll go make you a mentor. ^^
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:15 am

I can't really give you any suggestions. I just come here for the RP, mostly. What happens on the rest of the place isn't really my concern, unless it's something tragic. Why not just PM everyone or something from time to time? See how we're doing?

Or, do something like zomganime; make a site to go with the forums. It'd be nice if we had something other than the forums to look at.

Plus, it's probably best you not try to make people go to contests and such. If you do that, they may take you for a tyrant and run away.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:47 am

I am not trying to force anyone into anything. I just give out suggestions.

Make a site go with the forums? What exactly do you mean by that?

I guess I could pm everyone once in a while. ^^
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 pm

It's a bit too early for a chat box, but it'd really be good to have one for those who just loiter around this site all day. Make idle chat while posting in threads is always nice.

§
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Okay. Well tomorrow I am going to figure out how to put one up. I am not the best with computers -sweat drop- so if I can't figure it out, I'll try to find Savvy. She seems to know how to get her way around the formatting of the site XD.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:41 am

I suppose I can hide behind being the newbie...

I rarely have anything new to add seeing as I'm not particularly fussy. As long as things work without holding down five keys and click on something at the bottom of the page, I'm happy. The only thing I can think of is making the page numbers in the corner larger. Otherwise, I'm happy.

I was more concerned over RP than the contests. Could be interesting...

Biography? Why not make a kind of Wikipedia on the site? A searchable list of forum posts I suppose...
Back to top Go down
Seer
Founder
Founder
Seer

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:54 pm

I think our portal is our 'wiki'. The history of the main rp is there along with recent posts and stuff. When I saw that, I was surprised Kevin managed to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
https://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:11 am

Ouch. Come on Seer play nice Rolling Eyes

A chat box?, I'm not sure but... I think I might be able to help with that.

(( Don't hold me to it but I will try if you wont me to ))
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:50 pm

That would be awesome! ^^ And eh. Don't mind Seer. I am used to it by now XP. I get him back behind scene XD.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:22 am

Okay Ill try my best Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I do?   What should I do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What should I do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: In the News :: Newsletter-
Jump to: