A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Share | 

Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm

It was late at night, and a dark figure could be seem flitting from treetop to treetop. As the moonlight filtered through the canopy, the figure was revealed to be a tall, slender female. Her sleek black hair was twisted into a low bun. Her golden-green eyes glittered in the dim light like a felines. Synnara Lunae climbed higher into the trees agile as a squirlle. Her dark green clothes clung closely to her body so they would not get caught in the limbs. Once she had reached the top of the tree, she stopped. Her head swung around quickly as she looked for a safe place to perch. That done, she stared through the leaves into a small clearing in the forest.

For weeks strange reports had been comming into the council. Animals that were under her village's protection had been turning up dead. Marks had been found on thier bodies that could not be matched to any normal animal. As the daughter of the elder, it was her responsibility to check this out. Most of the attacks had occured near this clearing. With hope, she would be able to catch whatever or whoever was doing this.

A rustling in the bushes caught her attention, but she relaxed once a small wild dog crawled out into the clearing. It was obviously not the creature she was looking for. The minutes ticked by, and Synnara's eyelids were beginning to get heavy. She yawned and stretched, careful not to touch any leaves or branches that might give away her position.

Dacre Cassius was lost in a haze of thirst. He hated drinking human blood and this was what he was reduced to. He drank animal blood but it didn't help his ‘condition’ at all. He was a relatively new; a fledgling to his kind. He hadn't been turned a year yet. His master had just left him to fend for himself. She didn't care about what became of him. He was just a toy. Why would he expect any different?

His dark hair shrouded his face and gave his pale skin a haunting look; His eyes were the color of red in his thirst. His black clothing only accented the paleness of his body. He didn't care at the moment. He stumbled hungrily through the maze like trees in no pattern. Vines and gnarled roots were bellow him but he didn't not look, nor did he trip. Dark green leaves and brown branches whipped at his face leaving scars that healed just as quickly.

He sniffed the air, trying to find something that would ease the maddening pain in throat that was so parched. His mouth was dry and he would have believed he would die of yearning if he hadn't been technically dead to begin with. His heart was still beating a little. Did that even count? How long would this last? Eternity. He knew the answer and knew the question was stupid, but he wished it never occurred.

That's when he sensed it; another person. His thirst was too heavy to ignore such a treat. He had tried to starve himself but he hadn't been able to. It smelled so delectable... sweet... refreshing.. quenching. His mind was completely over come. He sped through the remaining oaks in his path and lunged up into a tree where the girl was sitting like she was his for the taking.

Synnara had barely caught sight of the pale figure before he was practically on her. She jumped aside nimbly, barely managing to avoid being hit. She twisted mid-air and landed on her feet in the clearing. She had good eyes, but the moon had been hidden by clouds. She scanned the dark bushes around her futilely. Her heart was beating quickly. Her sharp, keen ears picked up movement in the tree tops. She crouched low, ready to defend herself if she needed to.

This thing - whatever it was - had moved faster than anything she had ever seen before. For the first time in a long time, she was afraid. If she didn't remain quick on her toes and as alert as possible, she might just end up like the animals she had been sent to avenge.

"Who's there?" she called in desperation. She caught a flash of white in the tree tops, and attempted to follow it with her eyes. As before however, it moved too quickly for her to track.
"Y-You are in the territory of the Lunar Elves. This forest and it's inhabitants are under our protection. Show yourself, and present your case." Her breath came in shallow gasps, and she had found it difficult to give even that brief speech.

Dacre had so been anticipating the kill. He reached for her but she barely grazed his fingers as she leaped. He hissed angrily as she landed away from him. He had been so close! His gleaming pearl white fangs had extended over his bottom lip in his thirst and the thought of his prey so close. He had been consumed by the predator he had become and his eyes locked onto her throat.

She looked up and he quickly jumped into the adjoining tree tops. He hid himself in the limbs of the tree as he gazed at her. His mind raced through different ways to catch her without her sensing him. He knew he was a beginner, but he had to try. He was thirsty. He had to drink least he loss himself completely. He heard her question and he actually stopped to ponder it; regaining a bit of his senses.

Elf? He only heard of them in stories. "Dacre. I am here to hunt. You're it." He couldn't even recognize it was he who had voiced such a comment. It wasn't like him at all, but he couldn't object to it. He jumped free of the oak and darted toward her. His eyes were fixed on her before he lunged at her precious fast paced beating against her skin. He would either drink and 'survive' or die. At least he wouldn't die completely insane. That thought stopped him. He didn't want to die a monster.
He caught himself and stumbled back from her. His chest was heaving from the longing and desire that invaded every part of him. His own throat burned with more intensity and egged him on to attack. His footsteps constantly moved forward before he would step back once more. He couldn't let the 'disease' win. He was still human. Hoped he was anyway.

Synnara gasped and leapt back as the creature lunged for her. His bold declaration that she was his prey had definatly unnerved her. She knew she was no match for this man in speed, but she wasn't about to die without a fight. When he stepped into the moonlight, it was all she could do not to scream.

His skin was paler than the moon, and his eyes glittered like blood red rubies embedded into his face. She felt a chill go down her spin as she finally realized exactly what she was facing. This was no normal predator. Her hunter was an undead beast that should never have exhisted by the grace of the gods. A vampire - drinker of life. She had head tales, of course, but she had always thought them to be just that; stories.

The creature - could it really have been a man at one point? - seemed to be struggling with something. It would lunge at her, only to pull itself back at the last moment. Perhaps, she thought wildly, perhaps he isn't completly gone. If there is even a shred of what used to inhabit that body. . . she might just have a chance. She put up her hands in a defensive way.
"Please," she begged. It wasn't hard to make herself sound afraid; she felt it plenty. "Please, leave me be. Find your food elsewhere." She was trembling, but she forced her voice to be strong so that the creature could hear her past its - his - madness. She hated to sacrifice the animals in this forest, but such things happened everyday. And perhaps if this man's thirst was lessened, she would be able to reason with him and get him away from the forest.
((I want her paler than the moon, with eyes that shine like stars...))

-lol Wondered why that was familiar.-
Dacre covered his face with his hands, trying to get him to focus on something else. Her scent was just so enticing. He was like a man dying for thirst yet seeing a pool of water only a few feet away. He was that; literally. He looked through his fingers at her to see her begging. She was begging for her life! He was guilty all over again. What was he supposed to do now?

"I'll leave you alone... or try to. It's just- I am thirsty. I can't stand it. It burns. Can I drink from you? I won't kill you," he said meekly. Maybe it would be better if he asked nicely. He didn't know if he could stop in the middle of drinking, but he had to try, right? This was his only option. Animal blood did nothing and he couldn't keep killing senselessly. Eventually all the animals would be dead.

"Please? Just a little..." he started loosing the battle again and took a few steps forward. He couldn't stop looking at that pumping vein. It was pure torture to just look at it, yet he couldn't tear his gaze away from her. "Just a sip..." He was beside her in a second. His breathing was ragged and he reached out for her.

Synnara couldn't move. She had often heard the term 'paralized by fear' but she had never experienced it before. Her eyes squeezed shut as the vampire moved closer to her. She could feel his cold breath on her neck - just inches from what he longed for so badly. Her breath came in short gasps. She had only two decisions. She could either run, which would probably trigger his pretator instinct to chase her, or she could give him what he wanted. She took a deep breath. There was really no choice at all.

She knew she didn't have long to make her decission; there was no telling how long he would be able to fight off his hunger. She steeled herself, and made her choice. She could only hope that he would keep his word.
"Please, be gentle," she whispered into his shoulder.

Her mind raced. This was a way to protect her forest. That was one way she could deal with it. Even if he killed her. . . perhaps he would leave and hunt somewhere else. The pain worried her; she had never really had more than a few cuts and bruises. Her heart raced faster and faster in anticipation as she waited for those sharp fangs to find her soft delicate neck.

Dacre hadn't even registered that she had given him the permission he had asked her for. His eyes narrowed and he wrapped her into his arms and leaned forward and pressed his lips to her throat just above her jugular. His tongue slid over her skin; pinpointing the most precise point for the incision. Once he found it, his extended fangs pierced her skin and entered the vein. Blood glazed across his tongue exiting him and relieving him.

He drank from her famished. His eyes closed as he enjoyed the elixir She had offered to him willingly. With each swallow he was growing stronger but his thirst wasn't ebbing away. No; instead it had increased and he wanted to drink every last drop she offered. His grip on her tightened as his mind fought against his new instincts. It seemed like a loosing battle. He needed an incentive to break away. His will was weak compared to his cravings. He wanted more of her sweat life.

He hands wrapped around her arms weakly, yet tightly. He wanted to push her away from him so he would stop, but he couldn't push her. He could feel her heart beat beginning to slow and her body getting weaker. He needed to stop or he would kill her. He had promised not to. He moaned into her throat initially trying to tell her but he could not make the words.

Synnara had let out a small cry as he first pierced her neck. Her eyes rolled back into her head as she felt her blood being sucked from her body. Her whole body trembled. This contact though. . . it seemed almost sensual. She felt herself getting weaker. A small voice rang in her head, telling her to fight back. She knew that he was unable to keep his word now. He was killing her. Despite that, she felt her arms come up to wrap around him, mirroring the same action that he had performed. Was this what the humans called Stockholm Syndrom?

But she couldn't let him kill her - she had something to live for. She couldn't die. Not yet. Her once red lips were now pale and cracked. It hurt to move them.
"You can stop now," she whispered. "You need to stop now . . ." she gasped in pain. "You've got to. . . remember yourself." She groaned. With each word her throat vibrated, reminding her predator that she was still alive.

Her fingers clutched his shirt in a last effort to get his attention. She refused to push him away. That would only make him hold her tighter. With the last of her strength, she pulled her murderer closer to her. This unexpected action caused his teeth to slip, coming slightly out of her vein.

He heard her voice but it seemed distant at first. He wasn't sure if he actually heard her speak or if it was some part of his subconscious trying to get his attention. He felt her arms cling to him. He hadn't expected that. His eye lids fluttered open and he looked up through the corner of his now golden eyes. She was speaking. He hadn't imagined it.

She clung closer to him forcing his fangs to slip free of her vein. She was too close for his head to remain in the position he had been in early. It was enough however, to snap him out of his feeding. His skin had a healthier glow now thanks to her but now she was the one pale and weak in his arms. He swallowed hard and wiped his lips with his hand which left red streaks on his sleeve but at the moment, he didn't much care about soiling his clothing.

He kept one arm around her while he caressed her colder cheek with his finger and looked down into her face with now gentle green eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked her. He combed his fingers through her hair and made sure they didn't dip into the blood that was smeared on her throat. Once her hair was clear, he wiped her throat and he resisted the urge to lick it. "I didn't mean to drink so much. I couldn't stop..." he admitted. Images of his master flashed through his mind making him grip her tighter. Maybe the memory of how he was turned was the reason he tried to be so gentle. Being bitten had been the worst thing he had ever experienced and he didn’t want people to experience that pain. Maybe one day he would be just like his creator. HE had eternity to warm up to the vampire way of things after all. He had only been a vampire for a week after all.

Synnara's eyes flickered open. Everything was blurry, but she could make out a face. Her head rolled on her shoulders as she tried to sit up. Her mind was confused, but she could recall what had happened. Which explained why she was so weak she couldn't even lift her head. Vaugely, she wondered how much of her blood he had drank. Would she even survive? She heard his voice from miles away. How strange. Now that he had been satisfied, he seemed almost. . .kind.

She tried to make her eyes focus. She searched through the night until they locked onto his bright green eyes. Ah. That was strange too. Hadn't they been red before? No, that didn't matter. She needed to focus now. She needed to live.
"I-I think I'll be okay." Her voice was so low that it could hardly even be called a whisper. She was beginning to get frustrated with herself. There had to be something she could do to help her situation. There was something tickling the back of her mind. Something important. . . Ah. That was it.

"T-there's some blessed thistle in . . . in my belt pouch. It'll help heal the . . . the wound." She winced in pain. Things were beginning to get a bit clearer. The weakness remained, but she was beginning to think more. She watched with interest as the predator moved. He really didn't seem to be like a bad guy. Perhaps she was going to be okay after all.

He watched her head lolling to the side on her shoulders and started to get nervous. How much blood had he drunk from her? He pulled her closer into his arms and slowly lowered her to the ground and sat beside her. There had to be something he could do to help. He could donate bl-no. That would change her. He didn't want to change her into a monster like himself.

"Thistle? Thistle..." he took her bag from her and rummaged through it quickly before he found the plant she had called for. He took it out and showed it to her. "This is it right? I know you need to eat. You need to get blood into your system again. You're... elf, right? You don't eat meat then. That's what I read in some books. I don't know though. That's the only thing I can think of," he said, beginning to blabber a bit from being a little too edgy.

He glanced around; making sure another elf wouldn't come by and try to stake him or something. Would that be a bad idea? He shrugged it off. Suicide was just as bad as killing. He needed to think positive and right now, he should be worried about her, not himself. It seemed that being a vampire for just a week was long enough to make him a tad bit more selfish that he had been when he was ‘normal’.

Synnara smiled faintly and shook her head.
"Put it on the wound. I need you to smear it around a bit, get the oils in there. It should close it up nearly instantly. In the. . . the second pouch to the right, there should be some dried dates and chestnuts. I can eat those." She tried to make her voice steadier. It was really sweet that he was worried about her. For some reason, she didn't even think about the fact that he had done this to her. He seemed like a completly different person now. He hardly even looked the same.

Her sharp ears picked up a faint ruslting of trees that even the vampire's enhanced hearing could not detect. She recognized the sound as clearly as if the trees themselves were talking to her, as they had back in the Ancient World.
"Someone's comming. One of mine." It could be no one but an elf; they were the only beings their size that could move so silently through the trees.

She wasn't sure what needed to be done. Surely if someone found her here, in this strangers arms, nearly dead, it would be a bad scene. She doubted she would even have time to explain that she had given him her permission - sort of. She was definatly too weak to move. She sighed. What to do?

"Oh... heh. I sound like an idiot, don't I?" he muttered and rubbed her wound with the plant and watched it heal closed like a wound on his own body would now. It was still an unnerving sight but it had its uses. He did as instructed and searched in the pocket for the nuts. He hoped that would help her a little bit with the dizziness or something. He glanced around himself once more but didn't sense anything until she brought his attention that one of her kind was coming.

He tensed. He didn't want fight but if that elf came by and attacked, he didn’t know if he would be able to suppress his instinct to lung and kill and ask questions later. He knew he was faster than an elf, but if the elf was hiding, he might not be able to find it. He already had an elf's scent in his nose and wouldn't pick up a second one. He was sharper though and studied the shadows to try and glimpse any movement through the trees. His eyes narrowed dangerously.

"I-er.. don't think its a good idea for me to stay here if someone else is coming. I don't know where to go though..." he told her. "I don't have a home anymore."

After she felt the wound heal up, and had eaten something, she was beginning to feel a bit better. Her own body-magic also helped with the healing process. She was able to sit up, although the action made her light-headed. She perked up her ears to listen. Judging from the distance of the sounds she heard, they still had a few minutes before anyone would find them. She tried to think quickly despite the fog that seemed determined to occupy her brain. She felt a strange compassion for her would-be killer. Now that he seemed sane, he really didn’t appear much different from any other human. And the desperation in his eyes made her heart sore.

“Perhaps,” she said slowly, “we could find a way to protect you. Temporarily.” She knew that eventually she would have to make him leave the forest; she couldn’t provide him with blood forever. It would be hard to know that she was just sending him off to kill someone else but. . . The only other option would be to kill him. And she didn’t have the heart. Not after he had fought with himself to keep her alive.
“You could come to my house, maybe? Just for a night or so.” Since she lived alone, it shouldn’t be that difficult. The hardest part would be smuggling him past the guards.
She sighed.

“I do not have the strength to walk, unfortunately. You will maybe have to carry me. Or else hide while I talk to whoever it is that is coming.” While it would be difficult to convince someone that she was alright, it would not be impossible. Especially since the darkness would make it difficult to see how pale she was. She would leave the choice up to him. She was too tired to think of the consequences of either. She would just have to trust that everything would turn out alright.

"Uh... I will take you home. I don't want to risk another encounter. I can't really... control myself..." he said softly. He hated loosing control. Control was the one thing he had in life and now, even that was taken away from him. He picked her up into his arms and ran through the trees. "Where is your home?" he whispered as if someone was there listening to them.

"Will I really be safe at your home? I mean... you live in a village right? There are more people there. I don't want to attack anyone..." he said second guessing his decision to take her home. He couldn't leave her in the forest either though. She had given him blood. She had let him get so close and put her life in his hands. He wouldn't let her die for no just cause. His arms around her tightened slightly as he thought of his life before all of this.

He had been a normal kid on the block with his loving family. He had two elder brothers. When he had been turned, he woke up alone. Of course he went back to his family and seek them for help. His father wanted to shoot him and nail him to the ground. His mother had defended by him and in the end; he had been locked in the cellar for three days. He had gone crazy by that point and the next person who opened the door had been his meal. He had killed his whole family in his frenzy. Blood tears began to fall from his face.

She felt his arms wrap tighter around her, and she snuggled closer in an unconscious response. What a strange night it had been. A near death experience, followed by lying in her attackers arms. She looked up into the sky, and smiled dreamily at the moon. The cool wind felt good on her face as they speed through the forest. She made a mental note to take some willowbark tea to fend off fever when she got home.
She turned her head slightly as she felt something wet land on her arm. The dim light that filtered in from above shone off of a dark liquid coming out of his eyes. She smelled blood. With a sigh, she raised one arm to wipe the tears away.
"It seems like a waste," she said quietly. "After all you went through to get it." She smiled. "Please don't cry. Whatever is weighing on your heart, it will feel better someday."
She couldn't even imagine what he might have done in his past. The worst part of it was that it wasn't his choice. The need to live drove him to kill. What a horrible fate.
Her mind went back to his earlier question. "It should be okay, that is, you staying at my place." she said softly. "I live a little bit away from everyone else. The only problem will be getting through the gates. . . How high can you jump?"

Dacre was startled when she reached up to his face and wiped the tears away from his eyes. He took little comfort in her words. How would he ever feel better for what he had done? He had destroyed his family! They had all lay dead across his family room. Blood. He had been covered in it. His family had fought against him as he attacked. He couldn't even remember what he had done. He had only seen the aftermath to it all. He shook his head to wake himself up before he hit a tree.
"I can jump pretty high." As if to demonstrate it, he leaped into a high branch of the nearest tree and continued to leap through the branches and twigs towards their destination. "Am I going the right way?" he asked. He knew her house was probably deeper in the woods, but which direction? She had yet to answer him that question. He glanced around and caught sight of a few animals as they jumped but paid them no heed. He was thirsty again but he didn't have the insistent urge this time. He would control himself.
"I know this is random, but is there a way where I can get rid of what happened to me? I mean... become human again?" Elves had magic after all. Maybe she could cast some spell to set him free. It was his only option now besides death and he had already established that it would be a horrible idea to let yourself get killed to cause suicide. He would accomplish no redemption from it.

((Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was out of town, and didn't have internet access.))
Synnora gasped as he jumped into the air. She had not really expected a deminstration, and it caught her a bit off gaurd. It felt almost exhilerating, though, and she found herself smiling.
"Yes, you are going the right way. And we should have no trouble getting past the gate if you are jumping this high."
She noticed him eyeing a few of her animals, but she also noted with pleasure that he ran right past them. She was beginning to think that everything really would turn out alright. That is, until she heard his question.
She looked away from him and into the night. She wasn't sure how to respond.
"It is true that we have healing powers much beyond that of a human, but. . ." she took a breath. This was harder than it should be. "I don't think we have anything to help you." She saw a look of utter disapointment, and quickly continued.
"T-that is, we know nothing of your. . . condition? - race? We don't even know what causes it. If it is like some disease, we can maybe heal it."
She stopped again for a moment.
"But this vampirism, it alters your body and physiological needs completely, yes? I do not know if something like that could be reversed. We-we could try. I just do not know if it will do any good." She felt bad to be delivering such news. He had looked so hopeful, that she could hardly stand to tell him the cold truth.

Dacre's face fell at the news. So she couldn't help him. It was foolish for him to think otherwise at all. Of course she couldn't help him. This wasn't a disease. It was something forced onto someone else. Why anyone wanted to do such a thing was beyond him. Was it to see the pleasure of someone screaming and crying for a day? His hold on her tightened slightly at the memory. It was too fresh on his mind.
"It's not a disease... It's a change that is forced onto someone through drinking the blood of a vampire. I assure you I didn't drink it willingly. It was forced down my throat. She left me there afterward. I don't see the point as to why she even changed me in the first place. She could have just let me die," he voice was so bitter with the memory. He would never forgive her for ripping away everything he held dear. She truly was a monster.
"I am sorry if I sound so angry. I am not towards you. It's just some of the things I have experienced recently. It really does change a person. Maybe it twisted my mind a little to. I have never been so angry and... pained before. Sometimes I just want to give into rage and destroy things, but I haven't yet. I only went into a... thirst rage once," his voice strained at the end of his sentence.

Synnara looked up sadly into his eyes as she listened to his story.
"That is horrible, and I can't condone what she did to you, but," she wasn't sure she should be saying this. It just felt right.
"But if she hadn't, then you'd be dead, right? I know that what you've become - what she made you - isn't what you want, but you can still be who you are. You proved that tonight. I may not know much, but I know it takes a strong person to fight their own instincts."
She smiled at him reasuringly.
"I know it can't be easy, but you're doing great. How many people - vampires - do you think would have spared my life? As long as you have those feelings, that compasion, then living is worth it. We can find a way to get past the . . . less than pleasant parts."
Synnara had always had a soft spot for the needy. Even more so than most elves, she always brought stray or hurt animals home. While Dacre was not physically hurt, he obviously needed help. And she truely wanted to be there for him.

Dacre graced her with a warm smile and kissed her cheek lightly. It was just a kiss he gave to friends for their compassion and thought nothing of it. She was really trying to make him feel better and her effort was enough to win him over. He couldn't agree with everything she said, but he would leave it the way it was. There was no reason to bring up his wounds every minute and bore the poor woman to death when his bite didn't do the trick.
"Thank you. Your words mean a lot to me even though we don't really know each other. You have sacrificed a quite a bit for me. I promise you that no matter what I will repay you for this somehow. I might not be able to right now, but I will. I have eternity to do it, don't I?" he joked. Then he wondered; was she immortal? He knew elves’ had long lives, but did they live forever?
"Do you share immortality?" he asked her. He kind of hoped she did. He didn't want to watch her wither and die. He would have no one there. He was being selfish again. He needed to stop jumping to that impulse. It was better not to live for so long. You would just become lonelier than you had been...

Synnara was surprised by the kiss. In her culture, a kiss was something you gave to show you're undying love and loyalty to a person. She shrugged it off. Perhaps humans had different customs. His next comment threw her off however. She was used to doing things for people, but gratitude was something she was unacostomed to. She usually did her good deeds from the shadows; remaining annonymous.
"I thank you for your kind words, but I do not want you to feel as if you owe me. If honor tells you different however, perhaps you could content yourself with being my friend? As a healer, I live alone if I have no patients. Company would be. . . appriciated." She knew that having his company might be dangerous, but she had already faced the worst of that tonight. Also, she was currious. It was not often one got the chance to observe a vampire up close. Perhaps she could even find a way to curb his. . . cravings.
And then came the question. She stayed silent for a moment, not sure what he wanted to hear.
"We elves, we live a long time. We can die, just like any mortal. We can get sick, and we can be killed. Apart from those though, if we avoid violence and remain healthy, no one really knows how long we can live. I know those who are thousands of years old. And I know those who parished in the first one hundred years. It really depends on the person." She looked up into his eyes, hoping she had given the right answer.

"That is interesting. So that means you don't know if you could live for eternity. Now I am kinda curious. What age do your people usually die? Like the mode or something? Do you have any ideas why they die earlier or last longer? Maybe it has something to do with what they are working in?" he asked. He couldn't help the questions that burned and bit at his tongue. He would have asked more until he noticed something out of the corner of his eyes.
Dacre finally stopped running when they reached a small gate that would lead into the city of the elves. It was almost invisible behind all the bushes and vines. He set her down gently and kept his eyes on the gate. Just barely he could see guards standing and waiting for some intruder to enter and disturb those who lived inside those walls of green. He would have to be careful and make sure he was quite so none of them would catch the movement.
"What do we do? Where should I go?" he asked. She would be his guide in this territory. "Where are the guards most likely to miss movement? Or if there is magic around the city, where is the point with the least magic? I had no clue what to look for. Until a few moments ago."

Synnara had to think for a while. She usually didn't have to think about breaking in to her own village.
"Our village is protected by magic, but not any kind that should concern us. It provides a barrier against those will ill intent in their hearts. As long as you plan on doing no harm, you are welcome. That being said," She glanced up at the moon to determine the approximate time. "The watch should be changing in about eight minutes. I would suggest jumping the northern wall at that time. If you stay low, you should be able to escape detection with no problem. If you head right after you get over, you should run right into my house before long. It will be far away from other houses. There is a large herb garden in front. It shouldn't be hard to find." She smiled, and wiggled out of his arms. She swayed for a moment before being able to stand firmly on her feet.
"I will go ahead, so that they do not get suspicious." With that, she stumbled towards the gate. She took a deep breath, trying to force herself to walk normally.
"Synnara Lunae returning from an unsuccessful attempt to find the unknown predator."
The elves at the gate waved her in with friendly smiles. After accepting their hopes for her future success, she headed towards her house. About half of the way there, she had to slump against the wall. Using it's sturdiness to support her, she finally found her way home. It was just a few minutes before the change of the guards. She expected Dacre to show up not long after that.
As she waited for him, she sat down on the couch. She leaned her head against the back, and closed her eyes. It was nice to be back home. And it gave her a little time to think. Her mind raced through all the herbs she knew - which were quite a few. She could think of herbs that would enrich the blood, increase circulation, purifying blood, suppressing bleeding. . . but she could think of nothing that could recreate the effect or taste of blood. She sighed. Just because nothing had been found yet, didn't mean she couldn't find it. And she did love a challenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Dacre tried to keep her in his arms afraid that she would fall again. He knew already that she was fragile and weak in her state and he didn’t want her to hurt herself. He had already done some damage. Realizing that she just wanted to be put down, he released her and kept his arms around her long enough to ensure that she would not fall again. He straightened and shoved his hands into his pocket and looked at the wall. With the plan it mind, it seemed so easy. Problem was, was he a threat? He didn't want to cause anything, but would his new 'nature' be his downfall? Would it alert the other elves that the predator was here just outside the gates? Before he had a chance to ask her about it, she was walking towards the guards and speaking to them. He sighed and waited.

As the minutes ticked by he became more and more agitated. He didn't want to cause her or her people harm. Should he just leave? He wouldn't be a burden anymore and he never liked being anyone's burden. But, he didn't want to be alone either. He hadn't been like this for too long, but he still wanted to be with someone who could cheer him up and make him feel a little better or just a shoulder for him to cry on. He felt empty. Empty and deserted. He had killed and he regretted it. He didn't want to do it again. He glanced up at the sky and took note of the moon's position. The sun was going to rise soon. He needed cover or he would burn.

He looked back towards the village with yearning and dread. No; he couldn't put her life in more jeopardy. "Please forgive me..." he said low and turned his back on the sanctuary. His acts alone could turn that little haven into a place full of blood shed. He gave a sigh and sprinted off into the night and away from the prospect of a new home and a life. He would continue living in darkness and isolation. If he died, so be it. He deserved it. She didn't and he wouldn't let himself kill her. As he ran and exhausted his emotions, the sun was beginning to rise and chase away the shadow and shades. He looked around wildly for some place that could keep himself hidden.

After a small search he found a burrow. He hoped that an animal didn't live there with possible young. Even they were innocent and didn't deserve death by his hand He slipped into the burrow which was just big enough for him to slide through. He covered the opening and tried to sleep. It didn't come easily. He wanted to be in that little village with his new friend. He had left her for her own good, but he had still abandoned her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:01 am

Synnara waited and waited. She stayed awake long past the changing of the guards, hoping that he had simply gotten lost. She didn't really start to worry until the sun began to rise. Her mind raced. Where could he have gone? There was no way he had been caught; she would have heard about that. Did he not want her help? Or perhaps he didn't want her company. She felt a twinge of pain at the thought of the vampire shunning her so. She got up and began to pace the room. She had Healer's duties during the day; there was no way she could search for him until that night. The day seemed to drag on forever, and she found herself irritable at the people who came in for herbs. Finally, it was time to close her doors. She had too sneak out of the city. Since it wasn't her turn to be on patrol, there was no reason for the guards to simply let her walk out. In the middle of the night like this, they would think they were protecting her by forcing her to stay in. And who knew? Maybe they would have been. But she couldn't worry about herself right then.

After what she had witnessed last night, she was afraid for what might happen to Dacre if he was left on his own. She worried not only for her people's safety, but for his. She could only pray that he had found suitable shelter during the day. She snuck around in the darkness, unsure of what to do. It was a foggy night, and even with her keen eyesight, she could hardly see two feet in front of her. She didn't want to call out for him, because her fellow elves would be likely to hear. She scanned the empty night without any sign of him.

Finally, she decided to risk it. She could hear no one moving around, so perhaps nobody was close enough to hear. Other than, hopefully, the one she was looking for.
"Dacre," she whispered into the darkness. "Are you there?"
Her eyes scanned the darkness in vain. If he was out there, she would only know it if he revealed himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Dacre could hardly sleep that day. His dreams would not let him rest and there were just too many worries in his mind to begin with. He watched the leaves over him change as the light played across them and wished he could be out and lazing in the sun and feeling its warmth. He couldn't. He would be burned and that was not a death he wanted. He might of deserved it, but he hated pain. He couldn't voluntarily put himself through that agony. At some point during the day, he did manage to fall asleep in his cold and damp hole. Luckily the burrow seemed to be abandoned by whatever animal had once been living there.

Once night had fallen, he moved the leaves away from the opening and crawled out. He stretched his arms and legs and dusted the dirt and leaves off of his form. There was an easy fog surrounding everything and gave everything an eerie light. Thanks to his eye sight, he could see better than humans and elves. His eyes were made for the darkness. He sifted through the mist easily. He didn't know what to do or where to go. He had nothing to occupy himself with. Then the all too familiar pain made its presence known. He leaned against a tree for support and clutched at his middle. The pain seemed to erupt through him and his throat began to burn once more. The thought of blood was invading his mind and it took much of his energy to try and suppress his thirst.

He walked forward a little blindly. All he could see was red. Then he heard her. She was calling his name. His instincts yearned for him to find her and sink his fangs into that delicate throat once more. Her blood was so quenching and sweet. He wanted to drink. Even a little sip... but he knew that sip would turn into gluttony. Her scent filled his nostrils and he forced himself to stay still. He did want to explain his actions to her... to tell her why he had left, but he was afraid he would bite her in the process. His fangs extended over his lips at the thought and he quickly covered his mouth.

"Don't come closer! I don't want to hurt you..." he said into the mist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Synnara started a bit as his voice came out from the foggy night. She had hardly expected him to be so close. She sat down where she was, not wanting to do anything that might cause a repeat of last night. She wasn't sure she could donate again so soon. Elves may heal quicker than humans, but there was a limit. She kept her ears open, hoping to find some noise that would at least tell her in which direction he was. She also wanted to be aware in case he moved, whether it be to attack, or run.

"Dacre," she whispered, "Where are you? Why didn't you come last night? I thought I made it clear that I wanted to help you." Since she didn't know where he was, she stared straight into the darkness. A group of clouds rolled over the moon, making her feel even more blind. She sat up straighter as a noise broke forth from a bush, but she quickly recognized the sounds of a rabbit's frenzied steps. Her heart pounded in her chest. It was loud for her, but it must have roared like thunder in Dacre's predatory ears.

"I was up all night thinking. I think there may be ways to curb your thirst; your need. But you'd have to come with me. I'd need you to answer questions, and try out my theories." She bit her lip in a nervous habit without thinking. It didn't bother her until she tasted the salty-metallic taste of her blood. Oops. She had gotten a bit too nervous. It was too much to hope for that the vampire who stood not far from her would not smell the freshly drawn blood. What had she done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 am

Her heartbeat had increased when he called out to her. It didn't last, but he had still felt it. His own heart race quickened at the prospect of tasting her adrenaline spiked blood. Dacre wanted too much to sink his fangs into her throat and drink every last drop. He groaned inwardly and turned his back to her, hoping that the act would minimize his thirst. It didn't seem to help at all. He tried to focus on her words and get his mind off the cravings but she was talking about his hunger as well. She still wanted to help him? She had an idea of how to get rid of his hunger? That was an interesting thought.

He turned around and saw the little fluffy rabbit jumping out of the bush and his eyes narrowed. He would have lunged at the poor little creature but a new scent overwhelmed his senses and quickly averted his attention. His turned toward his friend and sniffed the air. Blood. She was bleeding. He could easily tell it was her thanks to the fact that he had drunk that blood not too long ago. The temptation was just too much to ignore. He was still too new to even try to resist. In an instant he was beside her and his eyes had locked onto her bleeding and perfect lips.

He wrapped his arms around her tightly to immobilize her and leaned forward. His tongue flickered out of his mouth and over the small wound. The taste of the blood seemed even better than the night before. She seemed more frightened so he guessed that could be a reason. Once the wound was clean, his attention went to her throat without a second thought. His fangs had already extended to their full length past his lip while he had licked the appetizer. He nuzzled her throat and traced the path of her jugular with his fangs and tongue.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:10 am

Synnara's eyes opened wide as his lips found hers. She had been expecting an attack thanks to her own stupidity, but this was the last thing she expected. Her eyes closed as the warm sensuality overwhelmed her. When he let her go though, she felt her fear return. He had begun to trace her neck, and she could feel his lips tracing her vein. Her breath began to come in shallow gasps. Her heart beat faster, and she knew she had to do something.

Her hands came up and pressed gently against his chest. Her feeble strength couldn't move him; it was like pushing against a brick wall. Still, she hoped that the simple action would help him regain his senses. She knew that she couldn't stand to loose blood again so soon.

"Dacre," she whispered, hoping that hearing his name would remind him of who he was. "Dacre, please stop. We both know I couldn't survive. Just hold off a little longer. You've got to stop." Her eyes squeezed shut, and she felt herself begin to tremble. Although she wanted to trust him, she wasn't sure that he would be strong enough to stop at this point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Dacre felt her push against him and call his name but at that moment her voice was hardly registered. He was too young to control his desire and he had no power over the cravings. A small bite marks still remained from the night before. They were the only disturbances on her perfect throat. True they were beginning to close but they would be visible for maybe a day or two yet. He positioned his fangs over the incisions and pierced her skin once more. He wrapped his arms around her tighter and brought her closer in his embrace.

Her heart was beating frantically and trying to pump blood through her veins. She was weak and she would quickly fade. Not enough time had lapsed since he last drank from her. He closed his crimson eyes and kept time with her beating heart. He had taken three swallows of her pure and adrenaline mixed blood when something caught his attention. Leaves were moving and there was a difference in the air. He pulled his fangs away from her throat and scanned the area with only animal instinct behind red orbs.

Then he smelled it. Another vampire was near. By the scent he had to be male. Dacre tensed and hissed like a spitting cobra set on fiery coals. He moved Synnara closer to him as if protecting her. From the shadows a male who appeared to be in his thirties walked towards them. He was clearly older than Dacre and the blood that trickled down Synnara's throat didn't seem to faze him in the least. The man kept his dark orbs on Dacre with disgust and pity. More disgust and rage than anything. He walked towards Dacre and ignored his hissing threats. Dacre let go of his prey and dashed at the older vampire who didn't even blink.

The Elder grabbed Dacre's fist tightly in his own and twisted his arm. Dacre hissed in pain and tried to retrieve his arm. Dacre whirled around and tried to hit the vampire once more but his attacks never went through. The Elder vampire hissed and snarled at Dacre and threw him back forcing the younger to the ground. The vampire pinned him down to the floor and barred his fangs in Dacre's face. The vampire grabbed his collar tightly forcing Dacre to squirm and hiss. The vampire slammed Dacre down once more to quite him.

"You are strong since you are young but a absent minded fool!” then he paused as he gazed down at him. “Your eyes... you must only be a day or two old. No wonder a speck of blood took your mind. I know your scent. You are the creature killing everything. Humans are on our kind’s backs thanks to you! Where the hell is your creator? I will teach the damned bastard a lesson for leaving their young by himself," the vampire snarled.

"She ran off the night she turned me," Dacre spit back with a chocked hiss. He struggled under the man's grip but he could not pull free.

"Even worse! I'll find that deserter and rip her apart for causing this mess. Now what in the blazing sun will I do with you?" he mused.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Synnara fell to the ground when Dacre let go of her to attack the stranger. She hit the dirt with a grunt, but pushed herself up to watch the action. Her head was spinning from the lack of blood, and the two were moving so fast that she had trouble keeping up with their movements. Within seconds though, the fight was over, and Dacre was pinned to the ground.

Her heart raced as she struggled to stand up. Her legs just refused to work for her, though. She shook her head, which only made the dizziness worse. She dug around in her bag until she found the same thistle that she had used just last night. She would have to grow more, if this kept up. She rubbed it on her wound, effectively stopping the bleeding.

She was afraid for Dacre, but she also didn't want to draw too much attention to herself. She didn't know anything about this new predator. Although he did seem to be in more control than Dacre. So, hating herself for her cowardice, she waited in silence to see what would happen. She told herself that she would stop him if he tried to hurt her new friend, but she knew deep down that she would not be fast enough to stop anything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:40 pm

The vampire groaned. Why did he always have to decide everything that happened to the young ones? He didn't want to take care of another one. He just got rid of the last one! He hated deserters. It made no sense to turn someone and then just leave them to die without guidance. What point was there? Was it really just the pleasures of seeing someone wither and scream? Had they forgot the pain they had endured during the Change? His grip tightened on Dacre and he had to remind himself the young vampire was under him or he would have torn his wind pipe.

He looked at the pitiful creature before him with a sigh. The boy seemed young in human years as well. Maybe he just reached his twenties. So much life wasted. So much potential wasted! Should he kill the poor boy now? Stop him from killing more creatures and living a dreaded eternity, or should he raise the boy? He knew the answer before he even decided. He was too soft yet to just kill the poor creature. It wasn't his fault after all and even if death would have been merciful he couldn't bring himself to kill that small light in his spirit.

He stood up and pulled Dacre up off the floor with him. Dacre pulled at his hand trying to get free but he wasn't trying as hard as he had been. The frenzy had left his eyes at least. The vampire glanced over at the elf that Dacre had been feeding on and was surprised to see she had not tried to run away. Did she know this boy? He turned his attention back and sniffed him. He didn't smell like an elf. He shrugged it off and set Dacre down, but kept a hold on his collar.

"Alright listen you two. I can't just let you go Boy and go on your rampage and kill everyone. I reluctantly say that I must now 'raise you' since your master isn't. My name is Leonardo. What is yours?"

"Dacre. Why are you-"

"Because I don't want hunters all over the place," Leonardo said with a grunt.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Synnara breathed a sigh of relief as she heard that the man - Leonardo - wasn't going to hurt Dacre. She fought to her feet, swaying for a moment before she was able to trust her own legs. She moved forward, being very careful not to let anything trip her up. The last thing she needed was to fall flat on her face in front of these two. She cleared her throat, trying to find her voice.

"H-he needs to feed," she whispered. Her throat was dry and scratchy, but at least she was able to get the words out. She really hoped that it didn't sound like she was offering herself. She couldn't imagine being any weaker. "You have to help him. Find him something." She winced. She really didn't want to think about what he would do to find Dacre food. She didn't want to know, but she did want him to be okay. It hurt her to see him so out of control.

She had a plan for how to control his hunger, but it was nothing that could be done tonight. She desperately hoped that they would at least go to another forest to hunt. She couldn't stand loosing another one of her protected animals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Leonardo heard the girl and looked back at her. Was she really this whelp's friend? She was so weak and yet she was trying to make sure that he was going to be okay. He shook his head and laughed. The poor girl. She was naive as well. He let go of Dacre who straightened his collar and dusted himself off. Dacre turned to Synnara and took a step toward her, but changed his mind. He didn't wan to lung at her again. Then Dacre did something Leonardo hadn't expected of a grown man. Dacre hid behind him! He knew it was to protect the girl, but it was still amusing.

Leonardo cleared his throat once more and gave a fanged smile to the elf. "I know he is thirsty dear. I am not going to let him wander around for a hunt though. He did enough of that. I commend you though. Not many would dare be a vampire's host. Especially one so young as Dacre. They cannot control themselves as you have seen tonight. You need to rest up and gather your strength. You can't feed him now. I'll do the feeding."

Dacre stumbled back and away from Leonardo for a second. Leonardo was going to feed on him? What happened to the not killing him part? He tensed and poised to attack again but Leonardo laughed at him once more.

"I will be feeding you," Leonardo clarified and pulled his shirt collar down and exposed his throat to Dacre. Dacre's eyes once more converted to their crimson color. "You can drink Dacre." At the invitation, Dacre was on him in a second. He sank his fangs into Leonardo's throat causing him to flinch slightly.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Synnara smiled, relieved. This vampire seemed reasonable. She was too tired to be afraid, so she just sank to the ground with a dazed smile on her face. She shook her head.
"I know he has trouble controlling himself," she mumbled with her eyes half-closed. "But I do trust him. He - he would have stopped. I know it. He stopped before."

She was a little surprised when Leonardo let Dacre drink straight from him. She didn't know that they could do that. Wouldn't it just make Leonardo hungry in turn? But then again, he was more mature. He might be able to control himself better. She hoped so, at least. She wondered vaguely how she would get home. Once again, her midnight ventures had left her unable to walk. They would have to work on that.

With Leonardo here to guide him though, would Dacre go away? The thought made a wave of pain wash over her. It would be better for him that way, though. Leonardo would know how to take care of him. He'd know how to feed him. She sighed, disappointed in herself. She should have known better than to get attached.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Leonardo remembered the first time he had taken in a young vampire. It had been so awkward. He didn't know how to help her and feeding was just as weird. Besides as just satisfying thirst, biting another vampire's throat could also be taken as something sexual. It had been so weird then and just thinking about that second meaning made him laugh openly at Dacre. If the boy had known that little information he might have resisted. Bemused he glanced down at Dacre who was drinking his fill. A small streak of blood was dripping down his throat and staining his black shirt unnoticeably.

Once he felt Dacre had enough to fill the actual hunger, he unhooked him from his neck. Dacre covered his mouth and wiped his lips of the blood. He seemed to be the calm and melancholy person he had been before this little event. Leonardo leaned against a nearby tree and looked at the two young beings. Dacre was dealt with. Now he had to deal with the elf who couldn't even walk back home. She might not even be able to crawl and then her people would be in on the hunt against his kind. He couldn't have that either. He always got himself into a complicated mess.

"Daughter of the Forest, what is your name?" Leonardo asked. "I have two suggestions for you. One, I can take you back to your city, or two, you can accompany us. It wouldn't be the happiest existence in the night but it seems you are already following Dacre." Dacre looked up surprised. They were all going to go somewhere? Where were they going? What was Leonardo planning? He was grateful to the man, but his mind was muddled.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Synnara tried to stand up again, to return his formality. The strength evaded her, so she settled with giving him a nod.
"My name is Synnara Lunae, of the Lunar elves." Her voice was weaker than she would have liked, and she winced at it. She hated having no energy. She had to think over his choices, though.

While she wanted to stay with Dacre - to make sure that he would be okay. But at the same time, her whole life was with her clan. Although it was true that she didn't have many friends. The healer of the village was expected to be a loner, so she was naturally treated that way. And the village had other healers. . . she sighed. It was a difficult choice, but she knew what she wanted to do.

"It might be painful if I come with you though, right?" She sighed. "After all, I'd be a constant temptation, right? But, I want to come with you anyway." She laughed slightly, feeling flushed. "Is that selfish of me?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Leonardo gave her a nod in recognition of her name as he watched Dacre. He was much calmer now thanks to blood he had given him. Leonardo wiped his throat and the bite mark was quickly disappearing to leave only a very small mark. He placed his hands on his hips and turned his calculating gaze to her. She was very weak. He would have to nurture her back to health as well. She needed some sunlight to warm her as well. He gave her a small amused smile at her last comment.

"My dear, we must all be selfish at one point. We are all mortals therefore plagued by it. We must indulge it sometimes or we wouldn't get very far in life. We were placed here for a reason. Love is selfish yet we were created to reproduce no? Don't let it muddle your mind. You are welcome in the party. Might as well take care of you if I am taking care of him. Now you need some food and meat. You do eat meat don't you?" he asked.

He walked over to her and gently pulled her into his arms and began walking. "Dacre, come." Behind him Dacre followed glaring. He was oddly jealous of this elder vampire and wished he would put her down. He was helping her but he couldn't help how he felt about his arms around her and holding her close. He hid his emotion as best as he could but Leonardo picked up on it. He said nothing.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Synnara gasped slightly as Leonardo picked her up.
"No," she said sleepily, "I don't usually eat meat. It's forbidden to eat except," she paused to yawn, "except on festivals." She twisted slightly in the older vampire's arms to get a better look at Dacre. To her relief, he seemed to look better. He did look a little upset though. She wondered why that was. Shouldn't he be happy, now that he had someone to help him? Or maybe he didn't want her around. After all, Leonardo might say it was okay for her to be selfish, but it was Dacre that she would be inconveniencing. She sighed, and settled back into Leonardo's arms.

She couldn't help looking back again, though. It all seemed to surreal, she was afraid that if she looked away for too long, everything would vanish. After all, it wasn't everyday that one was carried away by a vampire without fear of loosing blood. This one even said that he would look after her. She wondered slightly what it would feel like, to be taken care of.

She had never known her parents. They must not have belonged to the Lunar clan, for she was found outside of the gate. She had been taken in by the Moon Priestess, and raised to be a healer. The Priestess was more like a teacher than a mother, and while she had learned a lot, she had never been nurtured. She closed her eyes, and could feel the lightness of sleep overwhelming her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:58 pm

"It may be forbidden but you need the blood that the animals provide to regain your own. Once you have your reservoir refilled, you can stop eating meat. Don't make me force you to eat it," he said and glanced down at the form in his arms. She had fallen asleep. He sighed. He might have to repeat that small little speech to her when she was once again conscious. Since he didn't have to worry about getting her motion sick now, he picked up the pace and jolted through the trees and vines that decorated the forest. Startled, Dacre ran after him but had to hurry to keep up.

After a span of five minutes, they had reached a small house beside the forest. It looked more like a cabin and more or less deserted. Logs were missing and bushes were beginning to rise high. Vines and flowers were growing up the walls of the cabin and probably inside the logs. It did present a homey feel to it however. Leonardo walked up through the walk way and opened the door with a key. Once inside the cabin, Leonardo settled her down onto a warm and worn couch. He turned to Dacre and waved to one of the rooms.

"Pick a room you want live in. We don't stay in one place long so don't make yourself too comfortable. You never know when we have to up and leave thanks to hunters which you increased from your thoughtless feeding. I don't blame you entirely, but you did have some responsibility in it. Do not touch the girl. If I find you sniffing or even thinking about drinking from her, I will rip out your throat. I don't want death in this house. Let this alone be a haven from the blood shed." With that, he vanished into his own room.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Although exhaustion tempted her to sleep soundly, Synnara found herself drifting right on the edge of consciousness. She heard Leonardo's comment, but didn't reply. Better to have that argument when she was fully awake. She was jostled slightly as he put her down on the couch. A content sigh escaped her lips as she began to fully appreciate the warmness and softness of the couch he had set her on.

As she heard Leonardo leave though, she forced herself to sit up. It saddened her that he had felt the need to threaten Dacre for her sake. Despite everything, and completely irrationally, she trusted him. Her weary eyes found him in the darkness, still deciding which room to take. She smiled at the sight of him, though she couldn't say why.

She didn't make a sound, since she wasn't sure if he would want to talk to her. She just watched. If he went into a room without noticing her, then she would lie back down and sleep, she decided. If he felt like talking, then she would do her best to stay awake for a whole conversation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Dacre heard Synnara wake and sit up on the couch but didn't turn to her. He pretended to ignore her but he couldn't get himself to walk away from her either. His fists clenched and he swallowed hard. He could have killed her. He would have killed her. There was nothing he could have done. If Leonardo hadn't shown up, he would have drained every last drop of blood in her veins. He was ashamed and there was nothing he could do that would improve what he had done.

"I am sorry... about what I did..." he whispered to her. He gave her a small side long glance before walking towards a room. He closed the door and slid down the wall. Why was this happening to him? He was never a person for self pity but it was the only thing he could think about doing in his position. His family was dead, he was 'dead', his future was ruined, he was forced to drink blood, and now he almost killed his new friend and probably only friend who wasn't a vampire.

Then the tears came. He couldn't stop them. Blood seeped from the corners of his eyes and stung. He tried to wipe them away but they continued to trail down his cheeks. He wanted it all to end. What had he done to deserve a life a death? He had been a good Christian. Never hurt anyone and followed the law. He had been a good man. Why was he being punished now? Did it have something to do with his previous life? He couldn't understand what he could have done to give himself a life of damnation.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Synnara opened her mouth to respond, but he had already left the room. She sighed, and put her head in her hands. How was this going to work if he kept running away? She knew it was hard for him, but hadn't Leonardo quenched his thirst, for now? She tried to lay down, but she couldn't sleep now; she was too upset. She swung her legs over the side of the couch, and then paused for a moment to catch her breath.

She then forced herself to stand. She wobbled for a moment until she could trust herself to move. She shuffled over to the door that he had just closed. Her hand went up to knock, but hesitated just short of the door. Did she really have any right to be bothering him like this? If he wanted to talk, he would have, right? She shook her head, before realizing that that was a bad idea. The room began to spin.

"Oh."

The single word escaped her lips as she fell to the ground. She landed soundly on her rump, and sat there for a bit, stunned. She wasn't really hurt, but she couldn't find the strength to stand. With a sheepish look on her face, she leaned forward and knocked on the door quietly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Dacre heard something and looked up and back towards the door. Had she gotten up from her seat? Did she need something? He heard her coming closer but didn't move. Maybe she would change her mind and go back to sleep. That would have been the best move to make on her part, but he did yearn for her companionship. He didn't have any right though. He had nearly taken her life and that was unforgivable.

She stopped walking. He could smell her scent from just outside the door and he had an odd sinking feeling. Her scent was the reason why he had lunged at her in the first place. It was all because her blood had smelled so enticing... He quickly changed his thoughts. He didn’t want to loose himself in the instincts again and do something even worse. Leonardo might not get to him in time if he did.

Then he heard her fall. He jolted up startled. She knocked on his door ad he sighed a little relieved. He opened his door and wiped at his eyes once more. "Are you okay?" he asked her and bent down to help her. He pulled her to her feet and lifted her into his arms. He walked back to the couch and set her down gently. "Don't get up. You need to rest. I... I took too much blood from you."

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Synnara laid her head back on the couch and closed her eyes until it stopped pounding. A silly smile played across her face.
"I guess I haven't quite gotten my legs back," she admitted. She turned her head to face Dacre. "But it'll be better by morning. Elves are fast healers." As another wave of nausea hit her, she added, "maybe the day after." She laughed.

Her light-heartedness didn't seem to be catching, however. She frowned, trying to get her head to work right. She processed his last comment slowly. Was he still upset about that? It had turned out alright, hadn't it? She put her hand on his shoulder.
"Hey, it's alright," she said quietly.

She glanced over at the room where Leonardo was staying. He could probably hear everything they were saying, but she didn't care. She hoped that he would decide not to pay attention. Or perhaps he had fallen asleep. She cocked her head slightly, distracted by her own thoughts. Did vampires even sleep? She shrugged.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:17 pm

He shrugged away from her touch and leaned against the far away wall. He wanted to make sure he was as far away from her as possible. He wouldn't risk anything else. He wanted to be able to laugh and joke around again but now was not the time. He couldn't forgive what he had done even if she forgave so easily. She wasn't the one who had killed and stolen innocent lives.

"It's not alright. I know that in the end you survived and I will eventually learn to control myself like Leonardo, but... I still have to live with the fact that I murdered people that I loved and I nearly did the same to you. How can you forgive me so easily?" he asked and looked at her from the corner of his eye. She was too kind. She was too good of a person to associate with monsters like him and Leonardo who too was a monster once upon a time.

Behind his closed door, Leonardo was laying on his bed. He tried not to listen to them, but curiosity was to him like blood to a new born. He listened with mild interest and Dacre's words did hit a cord inside him. He understood what the boy was going through. It was the depression stage and many vampires never got over it or their pain turned into rage and they spent their time killing and pillaging. Every time he took a charge in, he tried to help them over that stage. Sometimes he failed his mission.

Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Synnara smiled gently. She tried not to be offended by the fact that he scooted away from her. After all, it was probably for her own protection. She leaned forward a little, trying to get him to look her in the eye.
"How could I not forgive you? What happened; it wasn't your fault. This was forced on you, and then you had these survival instincts. Nothing about this is because you wanted it to happen. And now Leonardo is going to help you control it. Please don't worry."

She began picking at her clothes nervously. She didn't know anything about his past, so she couldn't console him. She knew that there was something that was haunting him though. She shook her head. She had no idea what to do to make it better. Or even if it could be made better.

Her head began to ache again, and her hand moved up involuntarily to rub it. She quickly lowered her hand, not wanting Dacre to take it as a reason to leave. Her body needed rest to create her more blood. But she liked talking to Dacre, and she had the feeling that she wouldn't get to talk to him alone like this often.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)   

Back to top Go down

Moonlit Fields (Savvy/Frozen)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next