The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Artemis sighed, standing as he looked out the window towards the forest. Leaving the classroom, he noticed Kiely on the way, a smile coming to his face. As he walked forward to her, he gave a little wave. "Hey, I have a student council meeting. Will you be alright, walking home by yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm

"Of course!" Kiely lied. Well, it was only partially a lie. After all, she would probably be fine walking home alone; she did it every day. It was mainly after she got in her house that the problems started anyway. She flipped her hair over one shoulder.

"Have fun with the student council. I'll see you tomorrow?"
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Artemis nodded. "Hopefully, yes. We will see, I am sure." He turned, leaving to room 3-A, where the student council held their meetings.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:45 am

Kiely smiled, waved, and turned to walk away. She stuck her hand in her pockets, thinking. It had been such an unorthodox day that she had a lot to think about. First on her mind was her strange and sudden new friendship with the cutest guy in school. She still wasn't sure how it had happened, but she was glad it had. She could only hope that he wouldn't change his mind over night, and realize that he shouldn't hang out with someone like Kiely. But, she couldn't change anything by worrying about it, so she put those unhappy thoughts from her mind.

All that left her to think about was her father. She hadn't been home in nearly two days now, since she had stayed out all night looking for her necklace. Would he even have noticed? She shook her head. Probably not. He didn't notice much other than how full his alcohol stock was. She unlocked her door and tiptoed in, slipping off her shoes in the doorway.

"Kiely!" she heard her father slur, "get'ur self in 'ere, now!" She cringed, and went to see what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:56 pm

As Artemis arrived home, he felt a strange sense of fear. Why, you might ask? Because somewhere around him, somebody was feeling dread. Turning back to the door, he walked right back out of the house, alone, toward Kiely's house, his normally chocolate brown eyes glowing a faint gold as he walked, with purpose, to the presence of the girl he'd only met that morning.

Fifteen minutes later, the boy arrived at a house he wasn't sure he wanted to walk into.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Kiely sighed and went into the living room.

"What do you want, dad?" she asked. He lunged out of his recliner, and grabbed her wrist.

"Y'were s'pposed ta be home hours ago. You know ya worry yur broth'r when ya don' come home on time."

Kiely felt tears come to her eyes at the mention of her brother, but she fought them back.

"Tommy doesn't worry about anything anymore, dad," she whispered. He tightened his grip on her wrist, and she flinched. "You're hurting me, dad. Let go!"

((Sorry if it's kind of thrown together. No motivation right now.))
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:36 pm

As Artemis stepped up to the door, he could hear raised voices. It was only at the mention of "You're hurting me, dad" that he stepped literally through the door, almost ghost-like, coming into a living room where a burly drunk and Kiely were standing. "I don't think she likes you touching her that way." Artemis folded his arms across his chest, his eyes furrowed in anger.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:59 am

Kiely gasped with surprise when Artemis spoke. She hadn't even heard him come in. Her father was equally confused, and she used the opportunity to break free of his hold. She stepped back to prevent him from grabbing at her again. She gave her friend a questioning look, but any inquiries she might have made were cut short by sudden movement.

Her father jumped forward, ripping a drawer open from his chair-side table. Kiely reacted immediately, knowing what was kept in that drawer, but it was too late. Her father leveled his hand gun at Artemis' chest.

"Ya ge' outta my house," he yelled.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 am

Without a single inch of fear in his eyes, Artemis walked straight forward, until the barrel was right against his shirt. "You think you can kill me?" He reached around, grabbing the trigger and pulling it five times. The shots echoed around the house, but Artemis stood still, pushing the gun away from his chest. There was no hole. Instead, five bullets lay stacked against each other in a horizontal line, none having successfully entered Artemis' chest.

As he pushed them off his chest, he looked back to Kiely's father. "...Kiely, I think it best that you come with me..."
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:17 am

Kiely watched with wide-eyed-horror as Artemis walked right up to her father's weapon. What was he thinking? In his inebriated state, her father might actually shoot him! Then it happened. Artemis reached up, and pulled the trigger himself.

Kiely screamed, although her distress was drowned out by the repeated explosion of gun fire. She fell to the ground, pressing her hands over her eyes. Why? WHY? She had just made a friend, and he goes and kills himself in her living room? She began to shake. But then a voice sounded, that made her look up. Arty?

"...Kiely, I think it best that you come with me..."

She gasped. Artemis was there, still standing, and seemingly unharmed. She shook her head in disbelief. It had been point-blank range! There was no way that the bullets missed him. Her father stumbled back, tripping over his chair in the process. Kiely stood shakily. She wasn't confident in her legs' ability to support her, but somehow she made it to where Artemis stood.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Gently, Artemis wrapped his jacket around Kiely's shaking body, then looked back to her father as he spoke to her. "Do you think you can walk, or should I carry you?" As he spoke, a soft, golden light began to shimmer around his form, brightening a little before simply glowing.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Kiely looked at him with a confused look in her eyes. This whole thing seemed surreal. She shook her head slightly; Artemis seemed to be glowing now. What was going on? She sighed.

"No, I think I can walk," she mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Artemis nodded. "I see. Let's go, then." He turned, touching the door. As soon as he did, the door opened in a flash. "Go and get anything you want to carry with you, Kiely."
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Kiely nodded dumbly, and went to her room. Her father seemed to have finally passed out from the alcohol. She packed her few favorite outfits, although she wasn't sure why. Where would she go? Her dad was all she had left. She closed her bag, and went back into the living room, looking mutely at Artemis.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Artemis waited patiently for Kiely to pack. As he did, he grew calm, his thoughts able to focus now. He knew what he was doing would probably not be good. But he'd already exposed himself by coming here. Besides, it might not be a bad thing for Kiely to understand that there were many wonderous things in the world besides the ordinary life she had been given. Turning to face the door when she came back, he began to quiet walk back home.

It took the two about 30 minutes to walk back home. When Artemis opened the door, a calico cat was sitting at the door, meowing at their arrival. Upon sight of Kiely, however, it pounced on her shoes, pawing at the laces cutely.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Kiely followed Artemis the whole way back, still in a slight state of shock. She wasn't sure what was going on, and she wasn't sure that she wanted to know. They reached his house, and she was suddenly attacked by a small fur ball that made it almost impossible to stay in her zombified state. She bent down, petting the cat with a small smile on her face.

"Cute," she said.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:55 pm

The cat had a small, red collar around its neck. This was probably Yui. She mewed softly, purring when pet. Artemis stretched, taking off his shoes. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions. Please, have a seat over here." He pointed to a large couch that looked like three sides of a square with a large table in the middle. "Make yourself comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Keily nodded, and went over to the couch. She picked up the cat on her way and set it on her lap, stroking it to calm her. She gulped nervously, and looked at the floor.

"What happened back there?" she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am

Artemis sat on the other side, opposite her. "Well...I'm not what I may seem. In fact, I'm not even human...I'm a god, Kiely. That's really the only way to say it." He looked down, unsure of what to say now.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Kiely blinked, unsure that she had heard him right. He couldn't be a god. Gods didn't exist. Right? She shook her head.

"I don't understand."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Artemis sighed. "I figured you wouldn't..." He held a hand to his heart, and as he did so, a golden outline surrounded his body, glowing gently. "This is my aura. It's sort of a measure of my inner strength. Different colored auras indicate different emotions and strengths of emotions. Gold auras, however, are an indication that the person is immortal, usually a god, angel, or something of that divine nature...I realize this makes no sense to you, but I'll try to explain it as well as I can, Kiely."

Yui was content with simply curling up where she lay, pawing at Kiely's hand as it pet her, licking softly at the fingertips.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 am

Kiely watched Artemis with a growing sense of wonder. Idly, she fingered the clothes around her own chest, wondering what her 'aura' would look like. Probably not very impressive. She shook her head yet again, still slightly believing that she might be dreaming.

"I'm sorry," she said, reaching down to pet the kitten on her lap, "it's just all so much to take in. I think I just need a minute. . ."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Yui meowed softly, before closing her eyes and falling asleep. Artemis gave a nod, standing. "I'll go make some tea, then...Please, take some time to stay here as long as you like. There's an extensive library on the second floor, first door on the right. If you want to know anything about...about my kind, you can go there." He turned, stopping at the door of the living room. "Thank you. You're the first person in the last 200 years who hasn't run away after I told you the truth." He walked away, into the kitchen to make tea.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Kiely stared after Artemis, saddened and surprised by his comment. Two hundred years? How old was he, anyway? But - she looked through the kitchen door, watching him make a pot of tea - but he still seemed like the classmate that she had had so much fun with during the day. He still was the same Artemis that she ate lunch with on the roof at school. Right?

She sighed, stood up, and walked into the kitchen.

"Is there anything I can help with?" she asked hesitantly.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Artemis looked up, shaking his head. "No. It'll be ready in a few minutes...Would you prefer ice with it?" He had a gentle smile for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)   The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Truth Is... (Savvy, Ava)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next